Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got another car today!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DBLAZER, Aug 10, 2000.

1. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

Yes folks, I imagine I am going to catch a whole heap of crap but I bought a 1985 Honda CRX. I paid 500 bucks for it. The ac blows cold and it runs like a charm. YA YA YA, I know an F-ing "rice burner but hey. It is less waer and tear on my K5. This means I donrt have to drive it every day. It also gives me more time to do my mods . As it is right now, iI am adding a Steering brace to the frame. Anyway, it is going to make my life a little easier. Funny thing is, I can park it under the K5!!!! Also, like I said, I paid 500$ for the whole car, and within hours of owning it, I have already added about a 1000$ bucks worth of car audio. Oh well, Bring the noise!!! Have A Nice day yall

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. AtlassII . Spray in liner.

2. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>Good move Bro!! Can't beat $8.00 for a full tank of gas! I'm in the market for a little rice rocket too. I work down town and it takes much skill to parallel park the beast with out installing a custom hood scoop on the car behind me... compliments of the hitch! On weekends you can use that thing for articulation practice.</font color=blue>

BLAZE IT UP!!!

3. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

At the first part of this summer(when gasses was almost at the high point, $1.69 here) I traded in my 87 Honda Accorded with 250K miles on a good engine, new brakes, new CV joints, new Cluch and shot body, two doors that would not open for a 1991 K5 BLAZER with 33's, 4 inch Lift, Push Bar, All power, All foactor, no rust, and no body damage( pics commng soon). Old car $17 gas tank, new BLAZER $45 gas tank. Old car $120 door windows (because Fu@#s always tring to brake-in and [censored] out of it), new car none so far. Old car Parts 4 to 5 times more then New BLAZER, hard to work on due to the fact that my hands are too big to get to any part of the engine. All that you will be saving on gasses will be out the door the day that your Starter, Alternator, Fule pump, water pump, or fule filter goes out. I loved my honda but you will be saing all kinds of 4 letter words the day you have to take it to the shop. Gas prices are not all that bad any way, with the gasses at $1.79, you dont have to fight as much on the lake for a good location to wakeboard. Any way have fun with the rice eaters, while I can see over you and the next 50 cars, and all the HOTTIES are checking me out and my RIG.

BIG COX

This weakend.... 4X4ing or.... Wakeboarding.?...? BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

I drive about a 100 miles a day 4 days a week. I bought a 89 Supra Targa for $1500 with a blown engine but near perfect interior and exterior. 2 weeks and a $700 Japan motor later I was driving it. 5000 miles since april. It pays for it's self in fuel. Gets 22 mpg with the A/C on ( or Targa off) and a about 24 when it's cool enough to run with out the A/C. I only spent $300 on the tunes and re used a Bazooka and Fosgate amp I have had for years. The dealer I bought the car from has already offered my $4k for the car and my insurace says it's value is about $5k if it were totaled.
    It's a fun car to drive and will hold a corner till you get a nose bleed. It's not a turbo but it's still quick and I'm almost happy it's not a Turbo because of how little self control I would have if for 50 cents I could add 50 hp. Have met a great bunch of folks in the SE SOGI chapter. I have seen a few cars that are flat out unbeliveable with the HP you can get out of a 3.0. watch 5 relativly stock looking Turbo cars pull 400 RWHP last weekend. I also saw a Video of a 86TT daily driven around Atlanta pop off 874 RWHP!!!!!!!!!!!! that about 1,000 crank hp out of a 3.0 inline 6. watch out for them old Supras...some are flat out bad! anybody got a Totaled 86-92 Turbo Supra laying around the yard? HEHEHE
    Ohh well I'll stop rambling.

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

5. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

A man's gotta do, what a man's gotta do.....

6. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Yeah, Gas prices are killing me too. And working on the damn thing all the time is giving me a headache, not to mention all the booze I drink is giving me a headache too. Anyways, for those reasons, I'm getting a motorcycle soon. Then I can work on the beast without worrying about a time constraint like I do now. $500 for that rice rocket sounds like a killer deal dude and same with yours Grim, $2200 for a supra with a new engine, can't beat that. Have fun.
    Boss

7. James

James 1/2 ton status

Boss,
    Thats exactly what I'm looking for at this time. Live in the L.A. area. Gas fluctuates fron 1.60 to 1.85 per gallon. Work is 55 miles round trip x5 day week. The k5 sits in the garage 4 out 5 days. Have a nissan max(fun and fast) but still a SEDAN. Been without a bike for 3yrs now. Have owned 2 GSXRS 750 and 1100 an FJ1100 and INTERCEPTOR 750. Swore my next bike was going to be HD Cust Softail. Softail 16k used GSXR 4500.00. Going Looking this wknd for the GSXR. Gotta Say, can't beat the summertime ridin in the mountains of So Cal.:)
    Peace
    James

8. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

93 Bonneville getting 27 mpg...........not the supercharged version but runs great with the venerable 3.8 TPI motor. Saves the K5 for fun driving.........the Bonneville is mainly for driving to the airport.

<font color=black>'79 K5 - 406 w/IROC TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>http:// www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com

9. CrazeeBush

CrazeeBush 1/2 ton status

My friend just bought a Toyota Cressica for $500 to save his camaro from commuting to college and back. That tihng gets 37mpg!!! If I ever find a deal like that I'm all over it. It has to beat the 12mpg I get now.

-JoSH
    crazeebush@aol.com
    http://josh.coloradok5.com

10. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Heheh them Cressida's run the same engines as the non Turbo Supras. I got a guy around here that has about a 90 with a 7M-GTE (Turbo Supra) engine in it thats hopped up. Turning over 400 HP at the rears LOL heck of a sleeper! Totaly stock looking on stock rims and the works. The guy looks like your typical yuppie. Guy loves going out to the local hang out and running down snot nosed kids in 5.0 Mustangs LOL. He sits in a parking lot and waits for the punks to line up for a race and then pulls in behind them and passes if he can get around them and does most of the time! Not that I condone racing on the streets but this guy just tickles me to death! Cops have shown up about a dozen times and hauled off the kids and he just drives off without the cops ever taking a second look.

Here is a Laugh. We had a guy run his BMW 540i on the Dyno. 241.3 at the rears. Not bad for a bone stock Luxo cruiser! Guy ran a mustang with some mods about an hour later and all the Supra crowed started laughing when he turned a 231....."Hay 10 more HP and your turning the HP that stock 540 Beemer did!"

Diging it in the dirt with my K5's
    Grim-Reaper
    http://grimsk5s.coloradok5.com/

11. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones who gets to take the work truck home...........Of course, home is 3kms from work, but it sure beats warming up the K5 for a 2 minute drive!

12. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

HA HA AH AHAHA HAHA HAHA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. I filled it up tonight on the way home with good gas. $11.21 for fuel. 11.21!!!!!!! Holy crap 11.21, for gas. 11.21!!!! FOR GAS FOR GAAAASSSSSSSS. Dont get me wrong , My K5 is my true love, but ELEVEN DOLLARS AND TWENTY ONE CENTS. I have been driving a Blazer for the last 5 years or so. Always with 38" swampers always with no gas milage. So this is new to me. As for wake boarder, I hear what your saying, but I didnt get rid of the K5, i did this to make it better. Trust me, when I want to see over traffic, it aint a problem. And I already have A HOT CHICK who checks me out when ever I want. ( my wife) see my website. Dblazer.coloradok5.com

89 w/DANA 60-Corp 14 w/5:13s n Detroit's. 4"lift 2" body. AtlassII . Spray in liner.

13. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

My other car is a 94 Corvette coupe. It gets 22-23 with the a/c on, and 24-25 without it. I drive it 52 miles one way to work everyday. It has well over 147,000 miles on it, and still runs great! I take good care of it. The Blazer only averages like 10 mpg, so I drive it to work very little. I can only go about 250 or so miles on a tank of gas!

Eric78K5
    K5-Because Size Matters!

14. stephan van leir

stephan van leir 1/2 ton status

I love my 87` turbo 4x4 Subaru. She can out run v8`s at 9000ft because of the turbo. If I did not have her my frame off would never have started. Best off I only paid $1000.

15. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Dittos on that 93 Bonniville. Great car. Had mine since almost new. Over 100k and still runs great. Man what a highway cruiser. Saves the K5 for more important stuff!