Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got chased by cows...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

There was recently built near the hotel of my employment, a water tank. I heard through the grapevine today that it is massive. It looks pretty big from the interstate, about 500 yards or more away... Sooooo... I told everyone I was taking a walk over there to look at it... Cut across the golf course, hopped the wood fence, and started walking.

I started heading in the direction of the water tank, minding my own business, when about half the cows grazing nearby where I was walking stopped what they were doing and stared at me. I stopped what I was doing, trying to decide if I should keep going or take a different route.

They're just cows, I thought to myself. What are a bunch of cows going to do? So, I kept walking. I got to the top of a hill, and there were even MORE cows. All of them stopped and stared at me. The first cows ran over and joined these new cows, and they all stood there staring. I decided to try going a different direction, but the cows started following me. Shoot. I wasn't more than 10 yards from the fence, and already I was getting crap. I still had quite a trek ahead of me, and even more cows, no matter what way I went...

SO, I decided it's better to be safe than sorry... And better to not see the massive water tank than try to explain to my boss what happened. It's not that I'm not supposed to be out there... More the fact that if I got mauled by a herd of cattle, it would go down in Little America history, and I would never live it down. I'm already known for enough things I'd rather forget without a cow attack :eek1:

I started slowly walking away, stopping every so often to turn around and stare back at the cows... I took a couple steps towards them, and they started walking towards me. There were about 10 of them walking towards me, and another 15 or so behind them staring at me. I decided to just get out of there, so I turned around and started walking back to the fence... By this time, there was a family of 3 on the golf course watching the action of a Bellboy being chased by cows... I turned around, not expecting the cows to be gaining on me... They were...

Not only were they gaining on me, but I turned around just in time to see the cows start RUNNING after me. I never thought I would be running from a cow. But something about 5,000 pounds of beef chasing me does a number on my feelings of safety... So I booked it as fast as I could, and did the two hands on the fence, completely clearing it deal just in time...

I told the folks watching that it was an unprovoked attack, and I didn't do anything.... They just said "suuuure" and laughed............. Then I left, disappointed...

I told someone about it and he said to me, "They're just stupid black angus cows, they're not going to do anything." Whatever, he probably wasn't surrounded by them being chased :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :eek1: :doah:

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

ack in my younger days of farming, I carried around a baseball bat

You'd be surprised how resiliant a cow's head can be

3. spincast375

spincast375 1/2 ton status

Take your Blazer and go back up there. Give 'em a taste of their own medicine!

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Borrow a cattle prod. I still have the one that I used to use. Works like a charm.

5. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

get even eat a hamburger :D

6. ratzila

ratzila 1/2 ton status

Did you check your shoes after that trip into the pasture :D Sounds like something would have been smelling real bad :haha:

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Those poor cows thought you were a farmer/rancher comming too feed them. I've been on friends ranch and thier cows run up to us and follow us around. Nothing too worry about.

8. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Yer not a vegitarian are you :thinking:

9. Robert79K5

Robert79K5 1/2 ton status

We used to have this bull named curly. My dad loved that sucker. We would go to feed the cows in the afternoon and dad would stand on the top of the hill and yell "come on!" and you would see curly grazing in the bottom field perk his head up and start running up the hill, hooves pounding away running right at dad while he just stood there holding a bucket of feed. About ten feet away curly would put the brakes on and slide right up to dad and start eating.

That would always freak me out cause I was raised to fear bovines. Dad would periodically take me aside when I was a wee lad and say "you see that bull?" *me nodding* " dont you ever get near him cause if he dicides to that big SOB will stomp you into the ground untill theres nothing left of you but a little greasy spot on the dirt"

That did the trick for me.

Great thread... Cow stories are always fun.

10. BrianDamage

BrianDamage 1/2 ton status

yeah they probaly thought you were there to feed them.

11. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

You need to change the title to "When cows attack..." :D They did probably you were going to feed them, they don't generally attack people. Bulls, that a different story...

12. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Way back in time, a few friends and I were drinking and the subject of cow tipping came up. We decided to try it. We went to a farm nearby with lots of cattle, only to find about half of them lying down. We crept up on a motionless beast and when we were within striking distance, we hit it with everything we had. Apparently what we had, wasn't much. The cow let out a strange(for a cow) noise and came at us. I was astounded by the speed of what I considered a slow moving animal. This thing came at us with a vengence. Had we been 10 feet farther from the fence, I may not have made it. As fast as I could run that cow was gaining fast. We all did superman like dives and jumps to get clear. Be afraid, be very afraid.

13. RingMaster4x4

RingMaster4x4 1/2 ton status Premium Member

They could of had MAD COW :eek1:

This is the funniest post I have ever heard. :haha: :haha:

14. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

If you ever find yourself getting chased by a heard or a singler cow/bull, don't run straight. Run in a zig zag pattern. Cows can't corner too good :D

15. cbbr

Neither, based on personal experiance, do drunk cow tippers. :D

16. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

that reminds me of one of my good freinds. he was suposedly surrounded by dear once that were going to "attack" him (he called me at the time freaking out) and now he thinks every deer is out to kill him :doah:

17. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

18. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I got "bullied" once too!

Once I was at a nearby Dairy farm we hung out at when we were kids..we went to one of the pastures to look for a peice that fell off a tractor while haying the feild--we were about dead center in the huge feild,when suddenly a HUGE bull came charging out of nowhere!

We ran as fast as our legs could carry us,and ended up in a tree about 20ft high and only 5" in diameter!--(the only "shelter" in the whole pasture)...it started to droop over,and the bull was pissed,clawing the ground and butting his head against the tree!..

Luckily,after about an hour,the farmer came looking for us on his tractor--he calmly got off the tractor,walked up to the bull,yanked hard on the ring in its nose,and punched it between the eyes!! :eek1: --I swear it cried like a baby,snorted,and ran off with its tail between its legs as fast as it could run!---it beat us back to the barn!...the farmer laughed all the way back at us,as we rode on the tractors fenders...he said we were "pussies" for running,and running is what made the bull chase us in the first place!...we never went walking in the pastures again,but we would ride dirt bikes and snowmobiles there...I still fear large animals to this day--I got kicked by one mean cow before,and its not something I care to repeat... :eek1: :crazy: ...

19. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

Cows are stupid and I am not particularly fond of them. We let a neigboring rancher run his cattle on my place during the summer and whenever I go early in the morning, the ****ers follow me around too. This isnt a problem if I'm there to do work or something, as I can just throw rocks and **** at them until they leave, but when I'm turkey hunting it becomes a problem. I can be wearing the perfect camo hiding deep down in the shaddow of the leafiest bush on the planet and the ****ing cows will walk right up to me and stare. They really know how to try your patience when you have a gun...

20. cbbr

probably one of the reasons that we eat them. :D