Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I GOT HYDROS.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Silver84k5, May 17, 2003.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

actually just one hydro..... Got the Steering all done today, just need to Zip tie the hoses where they need to go, and its done.

So nice being able to steer when the truck isnt moving, no more of the steering wheel going back and forth, everything is smooth...... Only thing i dont really like is, if you try to steer to fast, the ram wont really let you, but i can live with that, WAAAAY more Pros then Cons, thats for damn sure w00t /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    if you try to steer to fast, the ram wont really let you

[/ QUOTE ] What about higher speed manouver steering... Uhh oh look out for that ditch type stuff????

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

sweet. im going to have to come check it out. when do you plan on testing it out?

5. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Cool beans. If you want some pics taken on a digi camera let me know, I'm out there on Saturdays.

6. Silver84k5

i got to get that Crossmember, then ill be ready to go wheelin again........ ;P

7. Silver84k5

well im not really sure, MY truck doesnt go very fast so the words highspeed, my blazer, and manuvering dont really belong in the same sentance, Or book for that matter. honestly thouhg, ITs more like, you can make quick little movements still, but if your trying to turn a 90 degree corner real quick you cant really do it.

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

congrats. I messed with mine today... i disconnected the steering box from the steering shaft and the pitman... started it up just to see if the box would "center" itself... well, it turned all the way to the right and stopped. I think Im gonna have to send my SB back to WTO or something... cause somethin aint right. If i ever fell asleep at the wheel with this thing, I'd be flying off the road in no time... it pulls and pulls hard. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

9. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Did you lengthen the filler tube on you PS pump? You have to with the hydro setup otherwise you do not have neough fluid and it will do all kinds of funky shiznit on you. You need to add like 4" to the length of the pump reservouir (sp?). I can tell you how to do it if you haven't yet.

10. jekbrown

yeah, i extended the resevoir neck, still does the same thing. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

11. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Are you sure the hoses are connected right? You may have gotten a bad ram??, or maybe there is still air in the system?? What did WTO have to say about it?

12. jekbrown

yeah, pretty sure the hoses are on there right... if they weren't I think the problem would be a lot more serious... ie ram trying to turn one way, poor steering box trying to turn the other. I guess there could still be some air in the system, but it sure seems like I bled it atleast as much as most peeps on ck5 that have rams. <shrug> I need to wait until school is done to mess with it anymore... i could call matt anytime, but I'd rather do it when Im home with the rig so i can look at the thing and understand what he's talkin about (if he has an easy fix in mind!).

j