Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I GOT IT ! I GOT IT! I GOT IT! I GOT IT!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BILLY RAY, May 15, 2002.

1. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

HEY GUYS JUST GOT UP MY DOUBLER TODAY. I WILL BE POSTING PICS. ON MY WEB PAGE IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS. HOPE YOU GUYS STAY TUNED IN.

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

You suck.....I hate you...../forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

I'm jealous /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

3. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Installed?

Definately take pics! Enquiring minds, want to know....

4. SCOOBYDANNN

SCOOBYDANNN 1/2 ton status

Hey---you said you were gona give it to me /forums/images/icons/frown.gif cause the other TC turned the 42's just fine /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif j/k----have i mentioned your truck is bada$$

5. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

THANKS MAN I JUST POSTED A COUPLE OF PICS. ON MY WEB PAGE (PHOTO PAGE 2) I WILL POST ALOT MORE MORE THROUGH THE WEEKEND. DO YOU LIKE THE SIG. THAT THE WATSON'S PUT ON THE DOUBLER? HE ALSO SAID IT WOULD BE THE LAST STEEL DOUBLER. HE IS GOING TO START BUILDING THEM OUT OF BILLET.(HOPE THE SPELLING IS RIGHT, THAT IS OK BECAUSE I'AM JUST A HILL BILLY AIN'T THAT RIGHT.

6. four_by_ken

four_by_ken 1/2 ton status

Lucky you... I am waiting for mine.

Ken H.

7. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Hey dude, I was only kidding! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Anyway, I dont think I have ever checked out your rig, but after viewing your site - im very impressed. Well Built. I currently run 38s which is probably the max tire size for my 1/2 ton drivetrain - but after going 1 ton I would like to run 40-42 inch tires. Seems you have good tire clearance with 42's and 6" lift and 2" body. I am going with the 2" body lift (currently have 6" suspension lift too) to clear my Dual Case setup from WMS. I had them clock the NP203 upside down so there will be major tranny tunnel clearance problems. I also had them clock the NP205 up to flat. I am curious as to how the NP205 will fit between the frame rails. I have dual 2.5" exhaust running in the frame and wonder if this will clear. Keep us posted on install pics. What will you do about shifters? Going twinstick on the NP205?

8. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

The 205 will fit between the frame rails with no prob. Depending on how your dual pipes run, you may have to modify them though...maybe only on one side. But you'll definately need to modify the your tunnel since you're going for the flat belly.
    I have a 1" body lift and only have .75" of clearance from the 205 and the floorboard. (my 205 is clocked up 2" as well). I left the 203 normal and did not go for the flat.

This pic here kinda shows how far mine is sticking down below the frame.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid20/pb659d5d198ce937c22f388e0f03878ac/fdbbad39.jpg

Pic is taken at an angle so it looks like a lot is hanging down below, then there really is, if you know what I mean.

Anyhow, I'm still in the middle of doing this (working on my custom rear springs now)...so I have not driven with this yet.
    Boss
    ps, BillyRay, lookin' good bro! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

9. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

THE 205 WILL FIT FINE BEWTEEM THE FRAME RAILS. I THINK MY EXH. IS UP AND OUT OF THE WAY ENOUGH. THE SHIFTER WILL BE A TRIPLE STICK SET UP. THAT GIVES MORE SHIFTING OPTIONS. GUYS I WILL BE POSTING MORE PICS THROUGH THE WEEKEND.

10. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

just posted some new pics.