Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got kind of a funny story....

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by chevyfumes, Jul 13, 2002.

1. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

We were fishing in a boat at the mouth of the Willamette and I looked over by the shore and about 40 ft. off shore there was a tower. The tower was about 50 ft. high and about 8" square at the top, then I notice this guy standing at the top, watching boats and writing things down on paper. I tell my bud "check this guy out, he's gotta be roasting up there" and my bud waves to the guy and says hi and the guy just looks at us and writes some more stuff down. Then I notice that directly behind the guy on shore there are eagles fledging their eaglets in a tree at about the same height, I snicker and say "I'd rather be watching the eagles"....LOL
    Twenty minutes later I look up to notice he's looking down river now, then I start laughing so hard I almost fell outta the boat, at the slightely different angle I see that it's just a torso ontop of a rotating cylinder. Powered by solar panels this thing turns every so often, looks up, down and pretends to write things.... Now LMFAO I realize my buddy has just waved and said hello to a dummy, that will set the eagles at rest so they can in turn be studied at a later date by real people....
    I know I know way too long and not a big pay off, kinda had to be there, so the next time your at the mouth of the Willamette give it a look. We sat there and watched that thing for hours....It was pretty entertaining when not catching anything but a Buzzz!!!!! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

rotflmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

You can come watch me, sometimes Im just a rotating dummy, lmao /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif /forums/images/icons/grin.gif

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

LMAO!!!! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

5. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

That is to damn funny...where about is that, I think i've seen it.

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

The tower is actually in the Columbia right at the mouth of the Willamette... Still LMFAO!!! * fumes' buddy waves and says hi and the dummy just looks down and writes something* /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

"Here's Your Sign"

lol