Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got me a bike!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MudNurI, Sep 21, 2003.

1. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

After a few weeks of searching for a motorcycle I felt comfortable riding, I finally found it! Originally I was going to just bite the bullet and go for a '03 Katana, but after deciding 2 years of payments on a bike was too much for me, I started looking used. I figured since I've never riden anything other than a dirtbike, I better go with a used bike to get comfortable driving on the road.....so......I got a

1985 Honda Interceptor 500. The bikes the perfect size for me, is about 410 lbs, light enough for me to handle, but still big enough to look good. It's red/white/blue and has only a few scars. It's getting a run through at a custom bike shop here in town because John says the throttle's flat. Felt good to me, but what do I know....

When it comes back, I'll put up some pics.....oh....the last time it was registered was 1991, it's been in a climate controlled storage facility since then, and the tires were "gunked" so they're not dry rotted. the tank was emptied and "oiled" (whatever that means)...and the guy went through and did a tune up along with new pads and rotors, and a battery...

I'm so happy! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    Brandy

2. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Cool !

Where the hell have you been ?

3. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

If you haven't bought a helmet yet check out helmet city. The dealer where I just bought my bike wanted $40 more than I got it from them even after shipping... /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

cool deal, and congrats /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    wonder how many ppl on this forum ride ? i currently have an '80 suzuki GS450L and my brother has an 86 yamaha 650, i forgot model but its sportier and top speed waymore than mine, hehe but im plenty happy with whative got as ive had zero problems other than needing a battery in which are cheap for these things, and rear brakes in which are also dirt cheap for these, he got his just after i got one, they both run tip top like brand new, he couldnt resist not having one after he saw me out having fun riding. now he wants ot get a brand new one

its fun, and wow you save all kinds on fuel costsm, its great, but you freeze your a** off in the evening and night rides, dang, brrrrrrrrrr /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

whats crazy is that he has half as much in his as i got mine for, he stole his for 350 bucks its easil;y worth over three times that, at least. its sweet.

5. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

I've been here, where the hell have YOU been?

Actually- I've been pretty busy- kids are both playing soccer- and who do you think gets to coach that team? 16 K-1st graders trying to play soccer....HA!

Lovin my new bike though, if only it was home I'd be out riding it!

6. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i want a bike really bad. either a suzuki GSX-R1000 or a HAYABUSA . no more than say 3-4yrs old.

both are 200mph+ bikes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    'busa[​IMG]
    gsxr [​IMG]

7. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I spent my time on the stupid fast bikes and realized "what's the point"?? Around here, I'd say 90% of the people that ride them are young guys 18- early 20's. Racing through traffic and generally giving bike riders a bad image..kinda like the people that wheel in off limits places. Where are you going to ride a 200mph bike...nowhere.
    They are fun and cheap for the kind of acceleration you get but you'll never be able to use even half of the bikes potential

Didn't mean to rant /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

8. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[​IMG]

I ride. Here's my bike.

9. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd be happy with a CBR 600 like my friend has. The above bikes that muddysub mentioned ar e just too much for me.

10. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

I have a red 1983 Kawasaki GPz1100

[​IMG]

That is a silver one, but same model.
    It was the first 10 second street bike way back in 83.

Older bikes just have more appeal to me. I'd love a kz1000 or heck I'd still take my old sr650 back (got crunched under a truck with me on it /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif )

Anyone can go buy a H1 or a Hayabusa. I prefer to have a k20 and a GPz1100.

Now, if I HAD to get a new bike that ZXR1200 is pretty dang cool....

[​IMG]

11. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    Older bikes just have more appeal to me.

[/ QUOTE ] yea im exactly the opposite, id rather have a 2003-2004 GSX-R1000 than a 1980s anything.