Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got my baby back baby back baby back... I got my baby back...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Topdown, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Well... its been a 2 month "adventure" but last night I picked my blazer up from having the holley pro-jection finished off.

How does it run? Incredible... tons of power, killer throttle response, etc... its awesome!

Was it worth it? so far yes... but I havent had her off-road yet so I will have to let you know when I do.

All I know is that it feels SO good to have her back in my posession.

AND

With the fuel delivery issues fixed, its time to start on the body/rust/paint. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Its been two years worth of axle rebuilds /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, suspension replacements /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif, new trannys /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif, new engines /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif, new top , etc... all the mechanicals are done /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif (other than drivelines) ... yeah /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

So... imagine if you can, Topdown being ALL ONE COLOR!! Muahahaha /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

3. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Dood..it'd look better if the PRIMER was all one color! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

But then again, with the calico paint job, we all KNOW its yours when we see it! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

Glad to hear you got it back it runs well. I'll have to swing by and check it out! Drink a beer or two with ya! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Hey, good to hear /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

right on congrats /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

6. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

Mmmm Beer /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gifCongrats man!
    Bill

8. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Bad a$$ bro, 2 months to install it must be a super sano install. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I would like to do FI soon, but other projects come first.

10. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

nod... its awesome looking.

Jeff (the J in JDBlazer) custom bent hard fuel lines, ran all new high pressure gas lines, return lines, etc... ran all the wiring, did 99% of the work and definitely did all the hard/expensive stuff... We got tripped up by the fuel pump and I ended up having to take it to a shop (Ricks Service Garage in Vancouver) and told Rick what the deal was and that if when I got it back it didnt work I was gonna sell the damn thing... but, he worked on it when he had time and took his time cleaning it all up, looming the wires and whatnot... its real real clean and runs like a champ... well, I have only driven it a few miles, but so far it has run like a striped ape... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

11. JDBlazer454

JDBlazer454 1/2 ton status

I was so happy to see you cruisin it by the store yesterday (that how Jeff knew it was done). Sorry it took so long to get it finished up but so glad to see its done and onto better things with it. I love that Blazer and will be so kewl to see it finished up /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

12. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I was gonna stop by and say hi but it was nearly time for Gavin's dinner and bath before bed and I really try not to miss that time. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

No worries on timing... what sucks the worst is that if I would have ponied up and got the Holley fuel pump, Jeff wouldnt have had ANY problems getting it running and tuned in... that was an expensive lesson to learn.

13. JDBlazer454

No worries about stopping by and saying hi, your little guy should come first /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Was an expensive lesson I agree but now we know, live and learn /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Just wish we could have finished it up and gotten that satisfaction. Just sooooo happy to see it on the road again /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Had a chance to check the gas mileage yet?

14. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

not yet... though I anticipate the first few to be poor... with the new power I found my foot a little deeper into it than before /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

15. JDBlazer454

Thanks for swinging by and letting me hear the baby run, sounds gooooooooood /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

Sorry you had to deal with Carl he is a nice enough guy just one of those types who thinks his poo don't stink. I have been giving him a hard time about lifting his new truck /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif So you going to let his daughter paint it for you? Guarantee she would do a good job (btw guys she is a 21 yr old Chevy 4x loving single girl if anyone is interested, gotta get her hooked up with someone /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif ).

16. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

holy [darn]-balls... I was wondering about that... she is a "fairly" attractive young lady... and by fairly I mean very... the way she asked me to call her I was wondering about her availability. Fortunately/Unfortunately I am very taken and happily so... but oof, its tough to pass up a pretty little blonde that knows her way around a truck and is easy on the eyes to boot.

Hell yeah I will let her shoot my blazer... she needs something to practice on and its not like she could make my blazer look any worse /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

17. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

WOAH!!!! Drinks on me, howudowin? /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif
    I might need some paint work er something /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

18. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Now I'm thinking my '79 K20 needs some paint. Then there is that '66 GMC that I am converting to 4x4 that needs the body work and paint too... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

19. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you going to let his daughter paint it for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is she any good? I am going to get my /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif repainted the factory red soon I hope. I'd rather go to a small shop that has a real desire for what they do rather than a big time auto body place.

20. Topdown

Topdown 1/2 ton status

apparently she just got out of Hot-Rod U at Wyotech or whatever... doing fab work and painting. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif