Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got my D60 today

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Okiemuddog, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Okiemuddog

Okiemuddog 1/2 ton status

After waiting for uncle sam to give me back my money and then waiting for Forward Air to ship it, I finally got my D60. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Already got 4.56's, I bought new calipers,rotors,brake pads, u-bolts, steering block (yes I know it is not bolted on all the way /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif) and tie rods for it. I am doing my swap on Sunday, so I will be 1 ton by the Monday morning trip to work. I got a good eal too, $1170 to Forward Air terminal, I only paid $900 for the axle itself, the guy I bought it from has more too. So if you need a D60 PM me and will hook you up with his contact info. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sweet, two members installing '60s this weekend.

I got a better deal on mine though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Congratulations /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I got a better deal on mine though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 3 Members /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nad mine still looks better than yours. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

5. Okiemuddog

Damn, you guys just cant say congrats like Stallion. always got to be mine is bigger, better and I paid less. some people. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Congrats to you for finding a better deal, I will see if I can find a trophy for you /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

I got a better deal on mine though

[/ QUOTE ]
    tim, once again you show your a$$

think of it this way. time is money, and money is time. you will spend FAR more time cleaning up your rust block and find more problems with it than he will. so, keep your rust bucket and a bit of coin you saved. he will have more fun installing his, and it is 4.56.

oh, and tim, just so ya know, i got a damn near brand new axle for ZERO dollars, with matching ratio for my rig. so the next time you want to be an ass, remember someone else can top it for ya.
    Fukn Punk /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    Grant

7. Esteban86K5

Esteban86K5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Damn, you guys just cant say congrats like Stallion. always got to be mine is bigger, better and I paid less. some people. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Congrats to you for finding a better deal, I will see if I can find a trophy for you /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what? Your right. I apologize. I was just harrassing Tim about it but I shouldn't have done it on your post. I am glad you got a 60 and i do congratulate you. I did pay a lot more than you so I really wasn't trying to brag to you.

Again I am Sorry /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. Okiemuddog

Thank you Grant /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif, I am trying to improve my online manners, since some people seem to think I have an attitude problem /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif You just sadi what I was thinking /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

9. Okiemuddog

You got a PM back /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

dude, i think you got a good deal.
    i have seen a lot of people pay 1200+ and then add shipping for an axle like tims.

im getting tired of people like tim being an ass, then saying sorry, being nice for a bit and then being an ass again.
    i AM an ass. but i dont show it to offten on here. and i do it only to people who i know a bit. mostly to people i have been to thier house kind of know.

hope you have fun with the install this weekend, and i also hope it all goes well.
    i just wish my parts were here already.
    Grant

11. Okiemuddog

I am an a$$ too, but it seems I spend more time flaming the jackasses then trying to find the good tech. I am appreciate your compliments, I spent a loing time searching for it and I am proud of it. As for Tim, that is a waste of energy, he is a wanker, thinks he knows everything and just really PISSES ME OFF /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. As for Esteban, hey [darn] happens, no hard felling, you dont show your ass on here like Tim does every post, so no hard feelings, I can take a joke /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. i8yrsuv

i8yrsuv 1/2 ton status

cool on the 60 ...I have mine one still on the other the truck for aleast a year .
    As far as aka "tim " its nice to hear another opion ,and its ok not to respeck it or even agree with it ...but its another way of viewing it ...Tim is Tim !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Good find and good deal! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Mine ran me $1250 and I had to drive 200 miles to pick it up...same gears though.

I'm ASSuming it was from a M1008 originally? Those are the best deal out there IMO.

Are you gonna have time to get it cleaned up some? Mine was reasonably clean and free of rust, but still took me a few hours to pretty up.

[​IMG]

Nothing too hardcore, still open and I still run a steering block /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif but it does have 4.56's.

Rene

14. Okiemuddog

Actually was a DRW axle, but the guy had a 4.10 SRW, so he swapped the hubs for me to make a SRW 4.56. I am going to make a trip to the carwash and buy some rattle can tomorrow. Going to make it look good before I slap it in. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif pretty /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

16. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Dude, you got screwed, I only paid $250 for my D60 and it was rust-free with a locker and new brakes. But of course I woke up /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Haha, no really, excellent find for $900 /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif Hope it brings you much joy.

17. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    As for Tim, that is a waste of energy, he is a wanker, thinks he knows everything and just really PISSES ME OFF /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

w00t! Glad I'm not the only one.....

18. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    dude, i think you got a good deal.
    i have seen a lot of people pay 1200+ and then add shipping for an axle like tims.

im getting tired of people like tim being an ass, then saying sorry, being nice for a bit and then being an ass again.
    i AM an ass. but i dont show it to offten on here. and i do it only to people who i know a bit. mostly to people i have been to thier house kind of know.

hope you have fun with the install this weekend, and i also hope it all goes well.
    i just wish my parts were here already.
    Grant

[/ QUOTE ]

1. I am trying my best to not hijack this post and would prefer that any response to this subject be sent to my PM box.

2. I am being completely honest in that I don't want to go back on my word and I want to be serious with this not being an ass thing. I apologize to those who felt the old Tim was coming back in the above posts.

3. I never said he got ripped off, which would not only be untrue, this would be the return of the ass Tim. His axle is worth more because it has better gears than mine does. I simply like to rub it in a little that I got a good deal on mine. I'm the ultimate cheap ass and I'm very thankful that I got such a good deal. I also would like others to know that the deals are out there. It took me 4 years to find this one, though, so maybe you won't be as lucky, or maybe you'll do better than I did if you sell whats left of the K30 as a complete truck or part it and re-coop the amount you payed for it that way. I think $1100 for a '60 with 4.56s and the steering block is a great deal, too.

4. Everyone keep in mind that I'm really trying at this not being an ass thing and that if there is an issue that my delivery caused anyone to think such a thing has occurred it will be clarified in the not-so-assish fashion as quickly as possible and it will be noted that such a comment is not to be made in the future.

I'm sorry guys, but 90% of my posts have been good lately. I am really trying to improve the other 10% here.....just cut me a little slack and it will continue to improve.

Keep in mind that the smileys are usually used when you want to make a friendly crack at someone. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Oh yeah and if ya think my '60 is ugly I'll have some pics of it tomorrow or Sunday of after I get it out from under the truck and get it cleaned up and painted. Inside it's flawless so since the outside is a little bit rough I'm going to fix that with two different wire wheels, 5 cans of black paint, and of course my blingin' Sky crossover steering arm that will be bolted to the passenger side knuckle.

Once again my apologies to those that were offended, it was not meant as a direct attack at all.

19. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

20. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    After waiting for uncle sam to give me back my money and then waiting for Forward Air to ship it, I finally got my D60. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Already got 4.56's, I bought new calipers,rotors,brake pads, u-bolts, steering block (yes I know it is not bolted on all the way /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif) and tie rods for it. I am doing my swap on Sunday, so I will be 1 ton by the Monday morning trip to work. I got a good eal too, $1170 to Forward Air terminal, I only paid $900 for the axle itself, the guy I bought it from has more too. So if you need a D60 PM me and will hook you up with his contact info. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]Damn,I wished mine looked that good when I got it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifMine looked like they fished it out from the bottom of the ocean......... /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif