Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got my exhaust system n today

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by TK5, Jul 8, 2002.

1. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

Well after some long decisions of which exhaust sstem to put. I finally went with the Flowmaster 70 series with 3 inch pipe on my 6.2 K5. It's not loud but has the rumble of Rat Big block. It breathes a whole lot easier.

Thanks to all who made the suggestions.

Phillip TK5

2. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Is it duel 3" or single? I;m about to do the same thing with a flowmaster and em leaning towards the 60 series, why did you go 70 and is there a down side to duelling with two tru 3" pipes? Thanks for any feedback! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. Tybee

Tybee 1/2 ton status

How much did it run you?

4. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I did a dual 3 inch with 70 series flowmasters. I never found anyone that would not say it should n't be done. I liked the sound of the 70 series. You can go to the flowmaster web site and listen to what each sound like on a vehicle. I live a small town which thrives on giving loud muffler tickets along with speeding tickets. I needed to stay on the good side of the law.

5. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I shopped around online and locally for the 70 series. I actually found I could buy them locally, plus paying tax on the mufflers than I could buy them from Jegs or Summit. I gave $85 dollars a piece for the mufflers and $125 for the 3" install for pipe job, no tips. (The owner of the muffler shop was a former student of mine and gave me a deal). It sounds like I thought it would sound, and the vehicle breathes a whole lot easier. I can tell some increase in the power from the stock muffler system.

6. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

I've got the same deal on price, but wanted to know what you thought of the dual setup or to go single!! I'm going Dual no matter what now!! I listened to them all on the Flowmaster page and chose the 60s. My wife has dual 3" on her 350 with 60s and I'm curious how much different it will sound with the diesel! I was a little concerned that the diesel wouldn't put out enough exhaust to get a good deep tone, especially with 3" pipe on both sides! What do you think? Does your diesel sound like the website? I thought the 70 were deeper! Maybe I've got that backwards! Thanks for the great input!!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

7. TK5

TK5 1/2 ton status

I think my 70 series sound like the website. They seem to have a deeper tone thean the site. They definitely don't have the high pitch sing you hear in some the series. I actually got pulled over the by local police just to see what I had running in my blazer. He thought I had put a big block in my K5. He really liked the sound, he wished everyone else put the 70's on , he wouldn't have to write too many loud muffler tickets. This is my daily driver.

Phillip TK5

8. Batmanjr

Batmanjr 1/2 ton status

Yeah, this is my Daily Driver too, What kind of performance increase did you get? I can't wait too do mine!!! Don't you love to tell people it's a diesel!!! I wish I could hear your's, I might go for the 70s as well! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif /forums/images/icons/cool.gif