Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i got my gun!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Dec 24, 2004.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[​IMG]
    ita an 04 WGP autococker pro stock with a E-BLADE electronic grip, and upgraded pneumatics... im gonna change the drop foreward on the bottom to one that doesnt stretch as far foreward and replace the steel braded line with plastic marco-line. next payday ill buy my hopper and a feed neck to make it fit my gun and the eye for the electronics ill be rippin 22 balls per second!!!!

2. muddysub

[​IMG] heres another pic

3. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Sorry to be Mr. Negative, but no. Like i tried to warn you in the other thread, dont get caught up in the BPS bullcrap. Sounds like youve already been hanging out on PBN too much.

Nice gun though, im sure you will have fun with it.

4. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Looks like an over priced paint slinger to me.

5. muddysub

ive been told that e bladed cockers will do up to 22bps...
    and yes tim its an over priced paint slinger... now go back out into the forest in your camo and play soldier....

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Yes, they have the POTENTIAL to do 22. You dont pick it up and do that. Requires you to do the custom programing and timing setup too. You dont just put it on factory fast and shoot over 20 bps. It doesnt have QEV's, looks like a tickler for the LPR in the blurry pic, and a reg that is not up to the flow rate that gun will need. With all bounce removed, the fastest mine ever went was a verified 19, and that was over chrono with paint.

Someting you need to understand, cockers are pump guns with pnuematics added on after the fact to make them semi auto. They were never deisgned for a high ROF, and dont hold up to it very well. Not to mention they are very hard to get that high ROF and sustain it because of how much the gun is moving in your hand without the aid of bounce or cheater software. There is to much moving mass, and the e-blades break beam trigger isnt the best design when it comes to removing the bounce. My personal bet, that gun will never see more than 15 with what i can see in the picture, and if bounce is removed you will most likely never even see that. Just because the software can do it doesnt mean the rest of the gun can, and you probobally cant either.

What does it have internally? Valve? Hammer? Spring? How about the Ram, is it stock or just an oracle? How about the bolt, it looks stock. And the LPR? I dont see QEV's on it either. Any software upgrades? Any custom programming, or is it all still factory?

7. muddysub

its all stock, bolt, ram, barrel, software, all of it.. i prolly cant even shoot 20bps im sure. im not really too concerned about bps. i want it to shoot fast but thats not my main reason for buying it. the LPR is going bye bye soon. i dont even know wat QEVs are... the trigger needs to be adjusted too. but i like it and im happy with it. i know thers a lot of moving mass in a cocker, thats part of what i like about them, on most new guns everything is all concealed inside the gun, but these are different...

8. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

wow. im flashing back to 1988!
    i remember the International Paintball Players Association
    i remember when the splatmaster rapide (semi auto) came out
    i remember bullseye paint
    i remember NW paint guns
    i remember PMI3 in 1991 (very anticipated semi auto) later called vm68
    the only "fast" paintball gun was the smg-60
    [​IMG]

thanks for the memory relapse!

9. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

I think you will be supirsed to see the speed it is actually shooting the first time you rip it over a chrono. 12bps is cooking, 15 is nuts, 20 is insane. When i had mine set up, it flew, like i said, it would do 18 over a chrono, but i had to re-time and re-tune the thing after every tourney, because no matter what it shakes itself appart. Compare it to a 4bt turning 6K RPM and you will kindof understand.

It takes a lot of work to get a cocker to achieve high numbers, and stock parts dont cut it. If you have a good finger they dont cut it on a mech.

QEV's are exhaust valves for the ram, i even have them on my mech's. They make the gun MUCH smoother to shoot, and help out with efficiency. You will have a lot of fun with it im sure, and you will learn a lot about them just by tweaking it. I dont know what, if any boards you are on, but AIR is a good one.

Its all personal preference, kindof like trucks. I just want to try and make sure you dont get sucked into the hype like i see so many people do. Sometimes its actually painfull to see. If you ever have any questions about it, feel free to PM me, i am a cocker tech afterall ;)

10. Bullet

Bullet 1/2 ton status

I just don't see how a marker can shoot over 20 w/o breaking paint. The Automag RT I shot about 5 years ago shot 18 and that was crazy laying down that much paint. It didn't make the game too challenging which sucked some time.

11. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Halo B with a victory board and eyes. Easily keeps up to 26, any more than that and you can tell the eyes are having to slow the gun down down to keep from breaking. Mags dont chop anymore either, and they do it without electronics ;)

You also just said why ive been getting out of the sport. Everybody just buys an expensive gun and dropps 5 pods a game. Its lame. Nobody works up the "ladder" anymore. It used to be that by the time you were dumping $1,000 + on equipment, you had skill. Not anymore. Ive seen kids who win local tourneys show up to a pump-only game thinking that they are kings among men, and they get smoked all day long. Why? Because they depend on the gun to make them better. Thats why it pains me to see muddysub here (no offence meant hear man) buying an e-blade for his first gun. You put pumps or mech's in 90% of these young kids hands, and they are HORRIBLE, because the gun can no longer make up for their skill.

That, and nobody knows how to work on their own equipment anymore. I hate working on guns that little johny tried to fix and screwed up even worse.

12. mcinfantry

mcinfantry 1/2 ton status

joez, i dont know when he went out of business, but a friend of mine named dan used to sell me paintabll stuf in the late 80's, early 90's

he was in chicago, iirc and the name of his company was "master of the game" iirc

i think he invented some contraption for the early paintguns, specifically the pmi3 and renamed his business air america... i see theres an air america on the net... but i dont know if that is him

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

That is the same Air America. They still have the best flowing tank regulators that money can by, and are also one of the least known. Air America just doesnt advertise and hype their regs, they still rely and good old word of mouth, and it works for them.

It was him and Tome Kaye who were the first to pionere the HPA for paintball. Tom had the idea and the design, and AA built the regs. Shortly after they went their own ways and AA redesigned their regs into the APOC's that old schoolers desire so badly.

14. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

i might add that the bps reading on a chrono is measured from the 2 fastest shots, so its not very accurate if at all, and doesnt tell what youre realisticly and consistently shooting. but it can give you an idea of what your shooting. and btw i rock an icd b2k3 w/ powerlyte sceptor, halo b, cp cradle and asa, and crossfire 68/45 tank when i can afford it. i will be getting a cp hpr, aka soda can lpr and vapor valve when i come in to some $$$

*** SCREW SMART PARTS ***

15. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

I like my Model 98 Custom, it is flat out a blast to play with that old POS, but it still rocks. Its really fun blastin on the retards with $500+ guns.

16. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Thats why i like sound tests the best, but the chrono is still accurate enough.

17. k5floyd

k5floyd 1/2 ton status

if you ask me i say its not. if your just looking for an idea of how fast you shoot theyre alright, but i dont think people should base their bps from a chrono