Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got my tires

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pookster, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

So I got my hi-tec retreaded tires, in 285/75/16., Muds, with green diamonds

The tread is very similiar to a BFG mud terrain. I got them made on the Goodyear MT/R carcass.

The finish on it is pretty good- You can sorta kinda tell the tire looks weird. not in a bad way acutally, but because the MT/R has lugs way up on the side, that part isnt fully shaved off before retreading. The carcasses are very good, no signs of prior issues, no prior repairs, etc.

One of them had a bit of the green diamond showing in one lug- this stuff is bound to be useful in the ice!

So far, Im quite pleased with them. As soon as my truck is repaired, these are going on.

2. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

I have been watching these tires for a while and am waiting for them to have more offerings in the 37" size

3. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

I spoke to the guys there, they are pretty helpful. The key thing is, they will not make a tread pattern unless there is demand for it, cuase the mold is expensive. I would have loved a AT tire, but they dont have any in the larger sizes.

They do have the 37's, but the carcasses are still harder to find.

I also wanted a tire size that should the need arise, I can stop by wallyworld and they would have the tire in stock. 35's are becomming more popular, but not in 15/16" rims (in major stores) and nor are 37's