Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I GOT MY TRUCK BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by unicknn, Aug 23, 2002.

1. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

I finaly got my truck back. I had to drop it off at AUTOFAB in Santee, ca to get my frame repaired. It looks great!!!! This guy was featured in one of my off road mags for this gusset kit he designed for blazers and some other trucks that have a problem with the sterring box twisting off the frame. The kit is really nice. But anyway Im happy about my truck and now im ready to hit the local trails.

Nick

2. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Just wondering if Autofab or ORD (Watson) came up w/ that brace first. They both look the same. One thing I liked about ORD is when I called to make subsuquent orders they had my info on hand. When I ordered my 2nd brace for the '73 they asked if I still had the '80. I like a place that takes that kind of time w/ their customers. I'm not knocking Autofab, just wondering who came up w/ that first. Glad to hear you got your truck back.

3. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

Sweet! Do you have pics?

4. unicknn

unicknn 1/2 ton status

no pics yet but it looks NICE. John (autofab owner) said he came up with the idea iun the 80's sometime. Its a really impressive kit. Ils like 18" long and wieghs like 20 lbs.

nick