Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got my wheel spacers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by YtseJam, Jun 4, 2002.

1. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

I put 2" wheel spacer hubs in the rear on my K5 today. What a difference, not only does it look right now but I could feel the less tendancy to roll. It stands stronger and looks better. A great investment. Cost $185 shipped and they are A+ quality.

2. CooknwithGas

CooknwithGas 1/2 ton status

Can you provide some details?

Where did you get them?

Why 2" instead of 1-1/2"? What size wheels do you have (width and backspacing)?

Thanks.

3. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

I got them from performancewheel and tire.com 2" was perfect. That is why I didn't use the 1 1/2. I can't remember my exact backspacing right now. But I'll post again later...

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Got any pics? /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

5. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Retorque thos suckers in the first couple of day's. They will loosen up. Might even want to pop the drum off and sand the surface where the spacer will go to make sure it flat and nor rust chunks are going to crush and cause it too loose torque. Loosing mine for lack of torque sent my bfg down the hwy into oncomming traffic at 60mph and the tire stopped when it broad sided a Ford Ranger. $1600 worth of damage on the ranger. That was one trip of about 100 miles of driving and a day on the trail. I had planned on retorquing them the next day.

6. YtseJam

YtseJam 1/2 ton status

I didn't take any pics but I will. I thoroughly cleaned my drums, so no rust, and I went well above the recommended torque of 55 lbft. I torqued em to 90lbft. I will re-check em this weekend just for peace of mind. I will definately take pics of them and repost.