Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got new toys

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by bigtread, Jan 14, 2006.

1. bigtread

bigtread Registered Member

Check it out,now I can build some things.

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

scan0011.jpg

scan0012.jpg

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

uhhh OK I'm jealous, those are the 2 tools I have yet to own that I could use daily...:mad: ;)

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

I predict..

You'll love the welder...but those torches and tanks are just like my first set I had since about 1986..
    I finally got "real" torches and the big tanks recently--and I am tempted to sell the small ones..they work great for brazing patches in,and cutting small bolts ,but anything like a "U" bolt takes a long time,and uses up the oxogen at an alarming rate..

I bought another O2 bottle for 80 bucks,so I wouldn't run out on sundays like I always seemed too..now the hoses are dry rotted to death,and all spliced together..it served me well,but the bigger tanks and torches are way better,IMO...

I have to get another arc welder still..my old Miller crapped out,and I can't see any bad wiring inside,so unless the switch shorted out,I'd guess the transformer is DOA..:doah: :( ..and winter is when I need it the most..
    ..OF COURSE!!:mad: ...