Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got pulled over today!! Exhaust too high? LOL

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, Feb 1, 2005.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

HAHA.
    So im driving down the boulevard when the CHP in the camaro starts flashing the lights, SUPER! He comes up asks for license, reg, ins. He tells me my whole back lighting is messed up. I thought he meant becuase sometimes the left brake light wont work, NOPE, not that. He asks me to get out.

Then he explains how my license plate cover is illegal and my taillights must refect red (there clear lenses). Well he looks a little closer and BEHOLD there red (I put reflector tape in there when I put the lenses on), so he was skeptical of it. The he was reading this phamflet, one with all the laws for the import fags, and it said all 1979 and newer vehicles must have red on the rear.

Then he points out my exhaust is too high. It cant be higher then 2', well mines 3'. School buses made this law, because of kinds getting off, it cant be high, to where it would blow in there face. I asked him how would I fix it, being that it has to clear the passenger compartment or its illegal, and how it is now is illegal. He said, not to worry about it. Then the usual mud flaps, fender flares. He didnt say anyhthing about my tinted windows!!

He was VERY cool. He loved my truck, checking it out and all. He didnt write me up for anyhitng, just said he wanted to let me know about the license plate and reflectors (those were the things he was stressing, he really didnt care about mud flaps). My frieds who all have newer trucks get pulled over left and right, I never really have, and I always thought it was because it was older and they thought it was cooler. Guess so! Sorry this is so long.

2. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Thats cool, things could have been alot worse.:)

3. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Its always nice to get off with just a warning. I will listen and be nice for as long as they want to tell me what to do just as long as I don't get a ticket.

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Not offering donuts should be a capital offense....................

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

When we had donuts at my cafe, I'd always want to take a few out and some coffee for the guy running a trap in out lot

*knock knock*

Here ya gooooo