Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got ripped off on ebay UPDATE

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by protechk5, Feb 13, 2006.

1. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Did i get ripped off or what, bought a whole motor for my 2001 rm125(dirtbike if anyone doesnt know) on ebay for $619 total http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=4609383347&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT right after pulling it out of the box I could tell it was junk by looking up inside of it. And the spark plug was broken b/c he left it on and it probably got broken in the mail, I mean its only a spark plug, but that shows how dumb he is and they cost like $22 each! After pulling the head and cylinder off I could see how bad the piston, cylinder, and head was, not to metion how much junk is probably in the case now. He said it was just rebuilt and there is no flaws, ha yeah right. Here the pictures i just took.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a 2 stroke engine, your suppose to replace the piston and ring after like 50 hrs, it will last longer if you dont race and take it easy. When i used to be real big into racing, id change them everyother race. This piston doesnt look to be that old, probably less than 10 or 15 hrs on it, but something messed it up pretty bad maybe a broken cricle clip or something left over from the last time he rebuilt it.

I emailed the pictures, and told him I want a full refund and the cost to ship it back to him. If that doesnt work out, ill go through ebay, paypal or my credit card company. Im working and going to school, so I dont have any time to spare, now i have to deal with this:doah:

Andrew

I fixed this for you, brother. I hope you don't mind........ Can Can

Last edited: Feb 28, 2006
  2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

3. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

I hope he refunds your money, otherwise, yes, you got screwed. Is it repairable? Maybe have him pay the repairs to make it good?

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

That sucks, I am bidding on a V6 engine right now on Ebay, hope it goes smooth.

5. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

That sucks royaly! ive rebuilt many a 2 stroke, that piston looks brand new Hell maybe only an hour or two (there is absolutley no carbon on it!) ive never seen that happen. something had to come loose and fall in. i wouldnt push top ends to 50 hrs though, when i was slower id do em every 30 then i was up to like every 15. now im on a 4 stroke. just ask how much that cost to rebuild, not to mention time:rolleyes: cylinders a like 200-250, another 100 for a piston kit, another 150 for a cylinder head. Then gaskets and whatnot. to fix it youll be into the motor what you paid for it! I hate people like that, its what gives ebay a bad rap/

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

If you paid with pay-pal, you can dispute it. Seller claimed freashly rebuilt and clearly it is not. I think they call that fraud. Contact ebay and dispute it and see if they will transfer the money back to you. Ofcorse you'll have too send the engine back, but I don't see that being a issue.

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

looking at it now i know exactly what happened. he rebuilt the motor, and soemthing was in there, either fell in when putting the spark plug on whatever (Something as small as a circlip) When he fired it up the piston hit the object and "shimmedy" in the cylinder, causing the scoring on the sidewalls. he must have shut it off pretty quick though, those parts all look brand new.

8. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Yeah the cost to rebuilt it would be close to the total, plus who knows what the crank case looks like. Hopefully he ll will just give me a refund for everything. Im pretty sure paypal doesnt give you 100% refund back. That why I think I should call my credit card company first, they have been amazing in the past, just told the sitution and they just take back the money, but i dont know what they will say about ebay stuff.

9. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

A few years ago, I had a circle clip break on me, engine died right away. Opened it up and found half of a circle clip on top of the piston. Lucky only the piston was scored, the cylinder was perfect still. Well I cleaned everything out, put a new top end in and looked for the rest of the cricle clip but never found it. I figured it went out the exhuast. It fired up and it was perfect and ran strong for about 2 hours, then it died. I knew just what it was right away, the rest of that cricle clip showed back up:doah::doah::doah:

10. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy 3/4 ton status

is it my setup, or is this thread REEEEALLY wide?:dunno: :smirk:

anyways, i would send pics to Ebay, and inform them of what you received from the seller, along with the link to the listing so they can see how it was described.

That is of course, if the seller doesn't want to make it right with you.

11. badfish4tail

badfish4tail 1/2 ton status

Your setup and it does look like you got screwed, man that sucks:(

12. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Whenever you pay anyone through Paypal use the Paypal buyer satisfaction option. For a small percentage based fee you are guaranteed your money back. Probably would have cost you between 5 to 10 bucks for coverage on that motor.

13. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

haha well i email the guy, sending the pictures and telling him i want my money back and this is what i get

"-----------automated
    reply-----------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------

Thank you for contacting "Slickie123 e-bay auctions and goods", your request
    will be dealt with in the order as they are received. A customer
    representative will review your request and you will be contacted in a
    couple days, thank you and have a great day! Your business is greatly
    appreciated.

Slickie123"

i guess that what i get for buying from a guy with a name "slickie" I just got slicked out of $619:haha:

14. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

what a jerk.

ps. its really wide for me too

15. ARAMP1

ARAMP1 Aviator Extraordinaire

I bought a pretty sweet clock for my garage on e-bay. When I got it, the face of the clock was messed up. I e-mailed the guy with my problem and he replied that it would be no problem to exchange, just ship it back. I did that. I didn't even mind paying shipping again. Well, a week goes by and I e-mail him wondering where my clock was. He said it was on the way. A week turns into a month and it is still on the way. A month turns into two and he's not returning e-mails. I then realize that he is no longer a registered user of e-bay! I was PISSED!!! I paid with Pay Pal, but since it was over 45 days, they could do nothing. E-bay was no help.

Here's the kicker. I had the guy's address, so I did some googleing. I found a phone number and called a few times leaving messages (always polite and professional). Nothing though! I finally found where he had re-registered under a new e-bay user name. So, I started up a new e-bay account and was intent on bidding on and winning everything he had listed until he sent me the clock back. After winning a few of his items. I would e-mail him that there would be no payment sent until he sent me my origional e-bay purchase. He finally cried uncle and sent me the clock. :D

16. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

Haha nice!

17. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

i know where you bought it from, been by there a few times, crooked guy. he runs a motorcycle junkyard, there are two in that town, about a mile from each other. slicks is not a good place to deal with. heard more than a few bad things about him. hope you can get your money back. its alittle over an hour drive up there. if you want, im sure i can find a phone number for ya;) just not sure if its the junkyard or slicks personal stuff he is selling.

18. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

post pictures down, not across
    jeez

19. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

hard to tell from the pics how deep the scratches are in the cylinder. If they are not too bad, they can be honed. (yes you can use a ball hone on a nickel-sil plated cylinder) Head is toast. Im sure this damage is limited to top-end and crankshaft, rod, bearing and crankseals are unaffected.

so if the cylinder can be honed and new head, the seller may want to pay for these parts. A new cylinder is around $450 (last time i bought one was for my 98 RM).

But obviously this ebay add was misrepresented. Either way, get parts to fix or return the piece of $hit back to the seller.

20. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

I might have to get back to you on that. If he doesnt email a real response in the next day or two I might give you a pm. Thanks alot:bow: