Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got robbed Haloween night...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89GMCSuburban, Nov 2, 2003.

1. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Someone broke into my truck at the Mission Ranch apartment complex on Babcock and took my entire stereo setup. A Rockford Fosgate 700S amp attached to the top of a box holding two 12" Rockford Fosgate HE2 subs (box was sealed enclosure). Also took my Pioneer 3400 deck with dash adapter. Left my CD's sitting on the bench. Hell, they even had time to roll my rear window down and drop the tailgate to get the box out. Cops came and took some prints off the thing so we'll see what happens. But if anyone see's someone inherit this setup, please let me know. It's been valued at $1,400, so I'm a tad pissed off, ya know? Anyways, thanks guys.

2. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

That is a major bummer. Sorry to hear your misfortune. I went outside yesterday morning to find four flats on my Daily driver. Turns out they just let the air out of em. Sure takes dedication to deflate four tires and leave the cores in place. I actually would have appreciated a good slashing. 0 deductible on comp that would have gone a nice distance on new LARGER tires. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

Re: I got robbed Halloween night...

fawking thieves /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif i hope you find who did it and get some good revenge /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yeah. my chit kept getting stolen too.. now i just say [darn] it and listen to some cheap o pos 6x9s. face plate is removeable and spreakers in the dash are like $5 speakers too. None of the above is even worth a thieves time so they leave me alone now. I'm never going to mount a amp etc in my rig again unless they are in a metal enclosure welded to the body or something. just isnt worth the hassle.

j

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif One could always bolt the stuff to the truck and tack weld the nut on the bolt so it could not be easily removed /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

6. jekbrown

yeah, but Im paranoid. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif when i build the S-10 body, maybe I'll do some custom metal work in the floor or behind the seats so it looks OEM-ish, but hides amps away in lil enclosures that are fully sealed via weldin. tack welded bolts, especially if they were under the rig and a pita to get to etc would also work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

7. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Just have it bolted to the floor in a metal box with about 25 rusty bolts so they squeak when you turn them. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

Get the crooks!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

bummer man. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    if you find out who it is.... take care of it... the old school way...
    a BFH and some knee caps.
    Grant

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Just FYI,

rob ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rb)
    v. robbed, rob·bing, robs
    v. tr.
    Law. To take property from (a person) illegally by using or threatening to use violence or force; commit robbery upon.

bur·glar·ize ( P ) Pronunciation Key (bûrgl-rz)
    v. bur·glar·ized, bur·glar·iz·ing, bur·glar·iz·es
    v. tr.
    To enter and steal from (a building or other premises).
    To commit burglary against: The second-floor tenants have been burglarized twice.

Being a victim of either sucks. I've always thought an appropriate consequence of being caught should be to be locked in a gymnasium with their victims for a few hours.....

11. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

That sucks man, back when I was in High School I was into the whole stereo booming thing, I had two systems stolen /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Now I have mediocre setup, some sony 6x9 with a punch 40 amp, I sure am glad to live on a military base. Not only do you not have to worry about theft but if anything gets vandalized or stolen the Gov. foots the bill /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I hate thiefs /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school

[ QUOTE ]
    yeah, but Im paranoid. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif when i build the S-10 body, maybe I'll do some custom metal work in the floor or behind the seats so it looks OEM-ish, but hides amps away in lil enclosures that are fully sealed via weldin. tack welded bolts, especially if they were under the rig and a pita to get to etc would also work. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't the amps overheat if you fully enclose them in a box?

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Nah they're alright.

14. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I plan on building an amp rack out of rebar and mounting it in the spare tire well then building a light metal frame so I can cover it with the carpet that originally covered the tire. That plus covering the sub boxes in interior matching carpet should make for a prety stealthy system.

15. jekbrown

well, they wouldnt have to be FULLY enclosed... just make the opening that the amps breath out of smaller than the amp is... and cover up the mounting hardware and all is good.

j