Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got screwed over this year (hunting)

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by Silver84k5, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

Im still on my thirty day probation at work... So for the first time in 14 years, I have to miss going to eastern oregon with my dad, my uncle, one of my buddies, and the rest of my hunting party. They were leaving for eastern oregon, right when i was Driving home from work at 6 in the morning... So im stuck in the Battlefields of western oregon this year....

I think this happend because, last year i said "It might be kinda cool to have a western tag cuz i would be able to hunting a lot more.. Season is longer, The area is closer." Well i take that back. I should be pulling away from the Gas station in the town of Spray right now.. and start heading up the mountain to Ant hill, and bologna canyon, i should be sitting around the campfire tonight half **** faced. and getting ready to go scout in the morning.... :mad: :( :dunno: :angry1: :angry1:

rant off

Oh well, hopefully on friday my probation will be over, Ill be a full fledged member of the teamters local 81.. and ill be able to go next year...

and another bright side. Since ill be in the union... when Elk season comes around,, ill be able to tell work im outa service.. and ill be able to beat the brush for most of the season... Ming point here i come.

2. john39671

john39671 1/2 ton status

Where is your family going to be hunting at over here?

3. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

What job did you get Josh? Sounds sweet if you can get a bunch of time off next year already.

We had a great elk hunt this year down at the coast range. Uncle got a good sized cow and we helped an elderly (71 year old) guy pack out a huge cow (750 lbs we figure) so this past week he called us and said he had a bunch of meat for us. We did it cause he probably would have died trying to get it out (one steak at a time) since it was down a steep embankment. :laugh:

4. cheyenne10

cheyenne10 Registered Member

I'm in similar boat

I've hunted deer for the most of 30 years. (Started at 12) Missed 1 or 2 seasons in college when I was out of state. Almost always at least had blacktail tag but perfered drawing muley tag. Hunted OR, ID and WY at times to get in hunt each year. Sad to say dealline to buy tag is just passing and I am feeling weak. Tomorrow its honey do list of building base for patio. (5 yards of rock out my front window that need to be out back).

Only tag I drew was late season coast rifle elk. I have lost over 40 lbs and in best shape in years and no sage brush planned. I usually liked to get ontop of mountain, breath fresh clean air and here the silence. Almost a religious experience for me. Maybe strange but I bet some of you can relate to feeling.

As usual the truck I was planning to use is not ready but the other is!!

Sorry for dribble. Deer hunting is a big thing to me every year. Its a mental health thing to me.

Happy trails.

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

I can totally relate. Completely.

6. Silver84k5

They were about 30 miles from spray, and 20 miles from monument.. by a place called Bologna Canyon.. .and Ant Hill

i guess the weather sucked. they didnt even go out on saturday.. one guy shot a spike on sunday. and that was it... IF i was there the story woulda been different :D

7. Silver84k5

sounds like the situation where, he shoulda had his BBQ down there with him... :P

I got a job at roadway express trucking.. My last day of probation was today.. im working tommorow and the next day. So... I made it.. Next year them Deer better watch their backs lol :P

8. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

I did not get to go again this year... :(
    I have looking after my sick Uncle for the last year and a half. Next year may be a different story I hope. Even with the totaly f__ked back I still like to get out and enjoy being no where... :laugh: