Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got searched. (kinda long)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by big dan, Dec 10, 2006.

1. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Got pulled over driving back to school today. Got a busted tail light, no problem its been out for a while cause Im too lazy to fix it and Im fixin to change the body anyway, my fault and I understand why he did that. while talking to me he kept looking around inside my truck. Since Im fixin to swap bodies Ive taken apart the interior and its pretty much the bare minimum. Tells me my truck is unsafe and that I dont need to be driving it. This kinda upset me cause the only thing illegal or "unsafe" about is the busted tail light. It gets worse. Its cold here and guess what, my heater doesnt work so Im wearing a big jacket and Ive got my hands in my pockets. Asks me why Ive got my hands in my pockets and starts asking me what Ive got in them. I tell him nothing that its just cold and he says that he needs to see. makes me get out and searches my pockets. Finds the plastic case with .223 bullets in my back pocket and asks why Ive got them. Before I could answer he asks if there is a firearm in the truck. Of course there was, I had been shooting it earlier. I could have said no and he would have not found it but on the off chance that he would happen to see it or search my truck and find it I told him there was one because I had been shooting earlier in the day. Checks the serial number and asks me why Im so nervous, again I tell him that its freakin cold. Then he decides to check the truck out, asks if I mind if he searches it. I know that I have the right to say no but the guy has my gun and I dont want to look any more suspicious then I already do so I agree. Pulles all my clothes out of the basket, digs everything out from underneath the seat and behind it. What does he find? empty beer bottle that has been there for no telling how long. Questions me about it and I tell him that it has been there so long that I didnt even remember. Its empty and it was obvious that I hadnt been drinking so he just tells me that its unsafe to have it in the truck. Asked what was in the ammo box in the floor, duh more ammo. On the funny side I have two small unmarked boxes with starter parts laying in the seat and he spent about five minutes trying to open each one and eventually gave up and just asked. Once again tells me that it is unsafe to drive and asks if Ive got insurance. Got a card in my wallet so I pull it out without checking it. Looks at me and says this is expired.:eek1: :doah: Luckily the new ones for this month were laying in the seat. Checks it, says thank you and leaves. Of all the times Ive been pulled over this is the only time I have ever got this scared or nervous. I thought that I had lost my truck and my gun and I was going to jail. Cleaned out the truck when I got to school and found 3 more bottles in the bed. Now I dont drink and drive but usually when me and my buddies get together a truck bed is just a big trash can. Also placed the gun back in the case and got a new tail light cover to use for the next couple of weeks. Sorry for the long read but this definately got me shook up, Ive never been searched before in my life and Ive never been told that my truck was unsafe.:mad:

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Might want to paragraph that before the Oklahomos start crying! :haha:

You should have told him when he came up that you had a gun. Not in a threatening manner, but "I need to let you know I have a firearm in the vehicle."

3. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Tried to catch you ridin' dirty. :haha:

4. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

White 'n Nerdy?

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

x infinity.

I got my truck searched a few years ago, and ended up being charged with carrying a concealed weapon because I had a combat knife under my seat. I can't imagine what he would have done if it had been a gun. ALWAYS tell a cop if you have a gun in the car. Unless it's stolen and you just shot someone. Then you should probably just not get pulled over.

6. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I can fully understand why your vehicle was searched and you got questioned. Your gun should be in a locked case (you didn't say so i don't know where you had it) in plain view and the ammo in a completely different locked case as far away as possible from your gun. As far as him telling you your truck was unsafe i think he was a little carried away with what was going on.

Not sure about other states but here in California it is against the law to have ammo in your pockets even if you don't have a gun with you. This could be considered a concealed weapon even though you can't shoot someone without the gun it goes to.

You better practice better judgement of how you carry your weapon and ammo when in the vehicle with you or you might end up in jail next time or even worse dead.

7. big dan

The gun was in a case behind the seat and the ammo was in a box in the front seat except for what was in my pocket. Ive asked a cop what was the best way to carry a firearm in a vehicle and he told me that it didnt matter as long as it was not loaded. The ammo in my pocket I completely forgot about and dont normally carry it like this but I have never heard anything about this being wrong. Ive been told before to tell the cop first thing that there is a firearm in the vehicle but I didnt even think to tell him. The first thought in my head after he told me my truck was unsafe was that he was going to have it towed and take my gun with him. I know that I am very lucky after this encounter and will be more careful about it.

8. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

i had a cop ask me if my truck was safe to drive because it was all torn apart inside.

the dash pad was off!

9. big dan

yeah my dash pad and most of the gauges are gone. still got oil pressure and temp gauges. dash lights, brake light indicator and bright light indicator are still there and are the only things required by law.

10. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

lmao, unsafe, and its not illegal to have empties in the bed, at least here in florida, provided you have a solid rear window...

11. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Why wait - USE PARAGRAPHS.:p:

12. big dan

sorry bout no paragraphs, got carried away typing and didnt think about it.

as far as I know it is illegal here in arkansas, just pure stupidity for not cleaning them out.

13. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

yeah, well i worked with a guy who changed his rear window after a cop called him on it, every saturday hed come in drunk as hell still, and sweep a good 2 50 gallon garbage cans worth of empties out... he doesnt drink like that anymore, good thing too, when he used to sweat, if you bumped into him, you smelled like booze too

14. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

In Texas we can carry a loaded rifle/shotgun on a gun rack with no problems. As for the empties "I just picked them up off the side of the road, recycling you know keeping Texas beuatiful!"

15. big dan

thats a good one, Ill try that next time.

as far as me being illegal, the only thing illegal was the busted tail light and the empties in the bed. carrying the gun was perfectly legal, except I should have told him about it first. I guess I just looked too suspicious or he was really bored.

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Now I have a headache...........................

And I bet they are laughing all the way to the bank....................