Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got some good advice to all K series owners...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by speed_deed, Aug 29, 2003.

1. speed_deed

speed_deed 1/2 ton status

Sorry about the bull$hit but I had to get you to click some
    how.

I have got all the wiring complete on my K10 except 2 wires. A lime green one and a peach one, they come out of the main plug of the steering colmun. I dont have the neutral switch in nor do I have any clue how it properly goes in since it was electrical taped in when I started this mess.

I am ready to start her up but it wont start without the neutral switch (right?). ?These two wires go to the neutral switch right? I am wondering 2 things

1. Where do these two wires go.
    and
    2. What does the neutral switch plug into.

2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Neutral start switch on auto's is on the top of the column, near the firewall. (cab side)

Manuals have the same idea, but its setup with a switch on the clutch pedal.

Mines a manual, but IIRC, ones a purple wire and ones ??? In any case, they are both quite large wires...about the same size as the red ones running to the starter from the firewall.

Quick info, but I've forgotten almost everything about the auto setup. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. speed_deed

Your right. The neutral switch does have two rather large purple wires. I am putting a automatic column in a manual tranny vehicle. I am going to go see if the plugs are the same and if I can just plug the old manual neutral into the column or if there is splicing to be done.

Anyhow anyone got info on the peach and green wires.

4. speed_deed

Anyone?
    Anyone?

5. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Just a S.W.A.G.(stupid wild ass guess!)they might be for the reverse(back-up)lamps,if the are on the neutral safety switch next to the purple wires.Good luck--the wiring on my 74 K20 is full of wirenuts,every wire 1 inch too short and splices everywhere,previous owner made a custom "stock car" type dash with stewart warner speedo,gas gauge etc,looks nice from the drivers seat,but one look under the dash and I wanted to peuke! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifI've owned it 13 years,and have gotten pretty familiar with the wiring harness,not by choice! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifI have a complete harness from another truck--but so far I've been too lazy to put it in /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.giftruck only goes to the dump and plows my yard mostly anyway! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif