Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got some questions and I need some answers

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Curtis2kul, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Curtis2kul

Curtis2kul Registered Member

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States
    ok, i plan to lift my truck in a years period, i need to know if i run a 12inch swamprunner lift i could clear 44's or should i go with 10 inch swamprunner or should i forget superlift and go custom spring? Any advice will be wonderful! /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I run the 12" superlift kit with a 2" body lift.44-s will clear fine. with out the body lift you might have to trim the fenders a little.just remember it will cost a lot do do it, new drive shafts steering issues, pinion angles, brake lines, hassles from the law for being too high (truck)its worth it though, Tall trucks rule !!!!!!!!

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

12" should get you over 44s...what will you use it for though?

4. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

ok, i see how it is. . . don't believe me. . . I told you!!!!

Swamprunner is great for mud, just don't use the factory front shackles, and 12" will clear 44s, it might be close, but it'll clear'm. with some trimming on a 10" it'll fit, my friend's 42s do. lets see, you have an 84, so that's a 208, which means with 10" you'll run into some front driveshaft problems if you drop the case like i have, like you said you wanted to- the driveshaft won't clear the x-memeber in all liklihood. you'll also want to highly consider 1 tons and 4.88s before the 44s go on, ESPECIALLY with boggers. you'll kill your tranny with stock gears. also those boggers are going to grip a ton compared to those stuckturds you got (not that mickeys are better) and you'll snap a half ton real quick if you rock it just a bit.

also might want to look into a NP205 and a CV rear shaft and turned rearend. also probably cut and turn the front too.

most people don't consider all the work necessary for large lifts and hardcore offroad. i know i didn't used to.

good luck though- and it'll be monday on the blazer- drivesaft ain't in.

5. BowtieRed

[ QUOTE ]
    hassles from the law for being too high (truck)its worth it though,

[/ QUOTE ]

you'll never here a word- NC law states that if you take it off road AT ALL it is a multi-purpose vehicle, therefore no lift laws apply. i've NEVER had anything said about mine sitting with bumpers over 35" off the ground and straight pipes. NC cops either don't care or don't know the law

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There is no such thing as large lifts and hardcore off road. I can't even go on and on about how many of my friends have had huge, "cool" trucks and end up rolling them over because they're simply too tall.

There is no reason at all to lift a truck more than 10-12" depending on your uses.

7. BowtieRed

MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD, MUD,

it's all about clearance, the less touching the mud the better. i can make it through the same things my friend with with TSLs, lockers and only 8" of lift (5/3) can because of my clearance and horsepower. he's got a dodge witha 318. i have a 350, 10" lift, mickeys, and open diffs.

8. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

yep, your right on the front shackles.I put the ord heavy duty ones on mine with all greaseable bushings.also go to the ord shackle flip in the rear. get the 4" lift ones and then you can elimate the rear blocks.did mine and it turned out well!