Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

"I got spayed today"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by newyorkin, Feb 25, 2005.

1. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[​IMG]

"And all I got was this lousy blanket..."

I can't beleive how Vets bait and switch you... They tried to sell us everything under the sun, and said "It will be $280" so we could come back with the right cash... But somehow, the number grew to $400 when she came home...

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I just had my Husky neutered last week. He has mauled my hands three times since Christmas. He got a good bamboo a$$ whuppin' this last time. Last chance before he is put to sleep. Ain't putting up with a biting dog, Oh, he was being possessive. Food and the last time his toy. No provocation!:mad: :mad: :mad:

[​IMG]

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man your dog looks so sad, 'whyd you do that to me??!?!?!'

dontoe: that is a awsome looking dog so nice!!!!, if i had the room i would want one so bad.!

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

She sure does... Poor girl has been moping, but trying to be her psychotic self, just not up to it...

Hey Dontoe, that husky is beautiful! Sucks that he's got behavior problems...

5. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

dontoe, have you tried dominating the dog? i worked with a guy who had a Rot that was real agressive, and when the dog started being agressive, he took it down and held it on its back by the neck for a few minutes. the dog hated it, and after a few times the dog was broken of it altogether.

6. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yep, firm, nonviolent domination techniques like that work wonders. :thumb:

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I could never neuter My little buddy:crazy: Besides the fact that I plan on getting a female to breed with Him. Around here the Ranchers and Dairymen will pay up to $1500 for a good Bordercollie pup.

8. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Well said:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

9. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

good thing i didn't show up, can you imagine what it would be like with a stranger??doggie brain= kill the new guy.AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HELP RATCH AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

damnit, and both of ours are fixed! could use some extra cash :D

you got pics of yours Corey?

11. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Don't even tell Me they are purebreds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'm at work right now and all My pics are on My home puter.

12. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

the one is mixed with something else we know for sure, he has a more broad build than a normal border collie, as far as markings, coat, personality and everything else, he's all border collie, just a little beefier. the female was found in a ditch in Kentucky by one of my mom's friends, she appears to be all border collie. no papers on either one though. still awesome dogs to have around the house. the female decided today that she was going to start sitting on the couch. my mom and i were sitting in the living room watching TV earlier, and she just walked in and stepped right up on the couch and sat down. had to yell at her since we dont let them on the furniture, but it was hilarious because she did it like she had been doing it all along.

13. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

My older one I have is so damn smart. I can put a baby on a blanket in the middle of the floor walk away and the baby would never get off the blanket. He will simply roll the baby gently to the center with His nose then back off the blanket and wait for the baby to get close to the edge again. He has an uncanny ability to know where something or someone should be It's is trully amazing how smart a good stock dog is.

14. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

I wouldn't have one with papers. They are usually bred for looks rather than working skills. Which means they can be inbred. A lot of people wanted them after the movie "Babe" and people would breed anything they had just to get the look so they would have pups to sell. Kinda like every time they re-release 101 dalmations. Fockers:mad:

15. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

She's adorable!
    My mom says that's what my dog looked like for 3 days after she was spayed. Here she is in better spirits:
    [​IMG]

16. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

both of ours were adopted. when we put our Pekingese down about 10 years ago my parents started doing research on what kind of dog would be the best for our living situation, and the amount of maintnance it would require. they had it all picked out, and were watching the local shelters for one to pop up. they went in to one shelter, and this guy brought in this cute little black and white fuzzball, and wanted to have him put down because he didnt have the money for the vaccinations. they told him that all he needed was $7. he insisted he didnt have the money, and my parents even offered to pay for it. he still refused, turned and walked away. my parents told the girl working the counter that they would pay for the vaccinations, and would like to adopt him. boy if that guy knew what he was missing! this dog is an absolute riot. he herds the furniture, the cats, anybody who comes into the house, and even the other dog (she hates it, and tried to herd him). if you dont pay enough attention to him when he wants to play, he goes and gets his ball, takes it to the top of the stairs, and plays his own game of fetch. very smart dog, we had him trained within 2 months of getting him. the other one, well, she's still all puppy... :rolleyes:

17. dontoe

Yea, tried that and 99% of the time he was fine. Reached down to put food in his bowl and he ate me up, similar again in January. Two weeks ago he had his favorite squeaky toy. I took hold of it to put it up and mauled my hand again. Seems to be less touchy now. (I would be after my ba11s were cut out) Never had that done on my dogs before but enough is enough. Huskys aren't supposed to make good "pets" I've read. Should'a took that advice before I got 'em.

18. dontoe

Purdy girl.....sweet!

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

My poor mutt is still mopey today... She's a little more active than yesterday, but I'm guessing she's in pain. She had an accident on the floor this morning, and she never does anymore, so I guess she's hurtin. I sat with her for about 20 minutes just petting her to sleep last night...

It's so sad to see my big doofy mutt all worn down like this!

I love that this board is full of dog lovers, too.

20. dontoe

Jackson!

[​IMG]