Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got the bushings for the rear but, too big?

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by Zepplin, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I got the shackle flip on; that went on fine. But, the bushings are way too big for the rear shackle. Should I mill them down so they fit? Or, will a shackle from a 1986 truck have a bigger bushing diameter?

When I ordered the bushings I didn't know what size to get so I believe I got the more common size bushings. It looks live the bushings will work for the leaf springs fine though.

The shackles that are smaller are off a 74 Blazer.

Thanks,

2. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

What part# are your bushings for your shackles? Are you removing the thin outer sleeve? These are common problems to look at. Otherwise, measure the ID of the shackle and we can get you the right bushings.

3. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

Stephen,

I don't have the numbers in front of me but, I did some modifications and the fit great. All I have to do is but the new bushings in the rear leaf springs and I think I have the rear suspension all set.

I got the back ordered zero rates the other day. I put them in and they fit great. Thanks for the great products. I will get back with you shortly for the rest of my order.

Thanks again,