Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i got the rear coil itch real bad!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Oct 2, 2003.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I have not driven my truck in over a year and after all of my current mods...I think I want to coil out the rear so I can bob the rear of the truck; there is just too much metal hanging of the rear of the truck. I might even go as far as narrowing the tub to help me get through those jeip trails.

List your favorite and most informative links for setting up a four link rear.

I am at work and in a rush, so I will double check what I wrote when I get home. Pete.

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

I want coils to, for the same reasons you do. I wont be able to afford the mods for a while tho. In the mean time, our friends over at ORD are working on making a 4-link kit for our rigs... I think I might wait to see what they come up with. I aint an engy and I dont really wanna have to pay for a 1-of-a-kind-costs-a-fortune suspension from a local shop either.

j

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Pete, I should be starting mine as soon as its too cold to wheel without doors. A guy thats in the 4WD club I'm in has a source for cheap 1" heims, and a buddy who can make weld-in adapters. I'm going to see him tonight or this weekend at Raucsh Creek so I'll get more info.

Put any thought into link configuration? Mine will be double-triangulated.

4. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

I plan on using coils and not coil overs to help keep the budget down LOW.
    I plan on just threading the tube and not using inserts to help eliminate a point of failure.
    I plan on settings the links up like this |\/| , but we'll see.

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

thats the setup I would run. I'm not an expert on 4 links though, all I know is what I've read that your links should mount to the frame the same distance or slightly closer together than they do at axle mounting point. Like I said no where near an expert so that could be completely wrong.

6. BigBurban350

BigBurban350 1/2 ton status

If you got a fullsize, the A-tron bar ( |/\| ) style has got to be beefy if you want it to last. I would go with a 4-link with a Panhard bar for the lateral control. This way there is one bar dedicated to the lateral motion so its stronger. If you were to compare this to the A-tron bar keyboard pic It would look something like this: ||_||

Check out this site for more info: Mudtruk.com

7. shaggyk5

shaggyk5 1/2 ton status

ahem, [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    I hope to be road bound berore the end of the month,

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha!!!!! we'll see what you decide to change next....

[/ QUOTE ]

i 'd like to refer you to this quote and say i told you so....way back on the 9th of september..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    http://coloradok5.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=garage&amp;Number=846015&amp;Forum=All_Forums&amp;Words=246&amp;Match=Username&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=allposts&amp;Main=844909&amp;Search=true#Post846015