Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got to say "today was a good day"

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by WakeBoard&4X4er, Sep 24, 2000.

1. WakeBoard&4X4er

WakeBoard&4X4er 1/2 ton status

I got to say \"today was a good day\"

Well I went to see "Gone In 60 Sec." for the second time to night in my 91 K5. On the way to the movie, in Overland Park Kansas, drove by a lot where some construction work was going on. (Another strip mall or something.) On the side walk was some college age hotties watching the boys their where with trying to get their non-stock jeep out of the mud where the lot is going to be. Pulled in (had about 45 mins before movie) and asked if they needed some help. I did not get out of my K5 the guys did all the work and I pulled them out. The owner gave me $20 for the help, the girls told then they should get a BLAZER and get rid of that jeep. Got to the movie the second it started and no one was sitting in the front row if the station seating area. After the movie I was parked next to a Tahoe and the owner said “Little mud, I beet some fun.” Just like ’73 K5 had a hard time keeping my K5 under 50 on the way home like he did. Got home checked my mail (since I did not on Sat.) and found my 1991 Chevy Utility Truck Shop manual. If you have not seen one of these books they tell you everything about your truck from how to change a light to how to pull the motor, and they are the size of the Greater Kansas City phone book. Today was a good day!

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Re: I got to say \"today was a good day\"

Excellent!!
    I love pulling out Jeeps, especially my buddy's 81 Cherokee with 39" Mickey Thompsons. It really pisses him off when I can get through something he can't[​IMG].
    Later, Rene

[​IMG]

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Judging from your subject line you must be an Ice Cube fan.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. Peeetah

Peeetah Registered Member

Slightly stupid

sounds like you didn't even have to use your ak.

5. Re: Slightly stupid

Hay he makes a pretty good actor,for a rap star.I think I still like Ice T as an actor beter though.How was the movie?

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

6. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

I'll second the great day! Even though my Jimmy is my son's daily driver, I have been somewhat cautious about letting him off-road or mud without close supervision. Well yesterday I gave in and turned him loose to mud with some of his friends.

Happiness is watching your 16 yr old son run through the mud and leave 2 Jeeps, a Tahoe, an old Bronco, and a F350 stuck, and then have to help get them out.

7. Espen88k5

Espen88k5 1/2 ton status

I got double parked inn by a coilspring-cut mercedes POS in a parkinglot last friday. The guy just left it there and parked me and another car with get this.. 4 beutifull young girls, [​IMG] [​IMG] so they are allready sitting there waiting for him to return so they could get out.

I have junkfood thats getting cold so I climb in, start upp straight forewards.. Jump the first curb, then cross the one way line jumping two more curbs and then I am on my way..
    Aspahalt cowboy all the way.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

(those chicks probably have me as their idol now, dumping their boyfriends left and right...dreaming..)

http://www.espen88k5.coloradok5.com

8. Chewy

Chewy 1/2 ton status

Jeep.....its whats for dinner.

'87 Beast

9. BigBurban

BigBurban 1/2 ton status

LOL Espen! I'm right there with ya. [​IMG] I refer to it as Inner Urban Off-Roading. I'm always looking for an excuse to run over a median, parking block, curb, pile of rocks, pot hole, etc, etc... It's a sickness. [​IMG]

<font color=red>~BigBurban</font color=red>
    http://www.geocities.com/crash607

10. talldogg

talldogg 1/2 ton status

BigBurb, you're right it's a disease. I find myself doing that stuff REGARDLESS of what I'm driving, Camaros, Saturns, Intrpids, etc. I already snapped one torsion bar in my wife's Intrepid! I drive my cars hard, and THEY love it!!!!!

It's not what you buy, it's what you build!

11. realsquash

realsquash 1/2 ton status

12. K5Jimmy

K5Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Sun afternoon I was out with my daughter...we stopped at a Starbucks and noticed some guy had driven his Rice Rocket over the curb and left his right front airborne in the dropoff...some guy in a 2wd Dodge was trying to pull it out...he snapped the strap, tied it together and was having another go at it when a carload of Mexicans drove up, walked around the situation to get a good look at his girlfriend, picked up the car and set it back on all fours, and drove off...beat the hell outta a yank strap...guess ya just had to be there...glad ya had a good day...K5