Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I got yelled at by the wife...and liked it!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mouse, Apr 11, 2006.

1. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Have you ever been happy to be yelled at by your wife? I guess had I done things a little differently, she wouldn't have gotten upset, but in the end it made me smile when she got mad.

A little back ground. Last year when I rebuilt the blazer's engine I had to keep my budget in a certain range, because I had just bought a new winch, tube bumper, and a lot of little things. I went all out at the machine shop, bored .040 over, crank 10/10, Keith black pistons, completely new heads, valves, springs, etc, etc , etc $$$$$$$. At the end my budget ran out before I found a cam and decided to buy a cheap cam/lifter combo :rolleyes: (from a well known mass seller of performance parts - I bought the house brand).

I had a little problem keeping the #2 intake lifter/rocker in adjustment. Its hard to tell exactly when problems occurred, as I adjust the valves a few times after hearing noise.

This past December I converted to a TBI system. With the new computer came a knock sensor. It was not tolerant of any extra noise in the engine. When the rocker noise came back, I had a ton of knock counts and the timing went crazy.

Last weekend I pulled the intake to see exactly what was happening. I ended up pulling the motor to do a thorough checkup and to pull the cam.

My wife yelled at me for buying the cheap cam and ordered me to immediately buy a "good one!" No problem :D ... My wife is a good wife!

I spoke with a tech at Comp cams and then ordered one from the before, non-mentioned parts supplier. A little work, but the new cam is a little hotter, and rated to run on a stock computer TBI engine (unlike the old one).

Can you guess the bad lobe?

badcam1.JPG

2. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

I had two lobes that where fine and all the others looks like that bad one.

3. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

Ever figure out what crapped one lobe?

4. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

Nothing for sure, but now I'm replacing the crank and all the bearings too, as the thrust bearing was destroyed and it took out the crank.

5. ssped

ssped 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wives are great

For putting up with our Crap. After the transmission, tcase, 7" lift, rollcage and a couple custom drive lines 14b with a detroit she is getting a little upset at the obscene amount I have dumped into the Beast. It was a free truck from my little brother. She doesnt like climbing in over the roll cage to get in and for that I think I need a ladder for her to get in now.

I once told her I had an exhaust leak and needed to get a set of headers to fix it. that actually worked.

Goto Love them

6. Brocky

Brocky 1/2 ton status

LMAO, I just tried this one and it worked for me aswell. Now just gotta pick out a set and my exhaust will be fixed.:D