Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i gota brake problem, and a question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Aug 7, 2004.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

a few weeks ago my truck started pulling to the right when braking, the driver side wasn't working, well it was but not very much. (it would still lockup during hard braking) today i was driving around and after a stop sign it was pulling to the right, after a while it went away. after a little while driving, the petal went almost all the way to the floor before it got decent pressure.

i was trying to get it in the garage (stupid sand) and went to lock the hubs and i burnt my self on the lockout, both sides. (im surprised i didn't melt the plastic in the hub) im was pretty sure the driver side was sticking and the pass side was hot because it had to do ALL the braking.

i pulled the wheels off and i was right, the driver side is sticking. i can't get the bleeder screw loose (damn rust) to see if by releasing the pressure the caliper would move. (i think the rubber line is the problem i originally had).

now for the question, is there anything else that would not let fluid return to the resivoir? maybe the proportioning valve /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

also, is the caliper the same between a 1/2 ton a 3/4 ton? i have the calipers and lines off my 83 k10 if i need them.

BTW im changing the fluid and repacking the bearings because of the amount of heat. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

BRAKE HOSES!!

I dunno how many sets a week I sell for the same complaint.

For God's sake people, change your hoses EVERY time you change a caliper!

3. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

have you ever been wrong?

well you have now, i decided to pull the banjo bolt to releave the pressure and no squirt of fluid came out. when i removed the bolt completely all the fluid in the lines ran out. so i know it has not sweeled any. plus the rotor would still not move. a few taps from the hammer and it moved a little.

so back to my other question, will a 1/2ton caliper fit my 3/4 ton truck.

4. highrider_44s

highrider_44s 1/2 ton status

i think they will but im not sure
    i had a calaper sieze on my truck and after spraying it with some zepperspray (mostly used for loosening rusty nuts) and working the piston in and out for a while it loosend up and never siezed again /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

ya 1/2 and 3/4 ton are the same /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

so back to my other question, will a 1/2ton caliper fit my 3/4 ton truck.

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 will fit 3/4 if it is from the same type of front (10 bolt or d44) because the banjo bolt is different, otherwise the same.