Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I gotta get out of this stupid state

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, May 22, 2003.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I just spent about an hour sanding the roof of my truck and wiping it off with a moist dishrag because of our stupid bullcrap water restrictions (and I have neighbors who would LOVE to have my family evicted because they're trash), and then another 20 minutes taping up ALL my windows so I could paint the top so I can put my new roof rack on there tomorrow.

I pushed the button on the spray can to make it go, and not a second later the wind starts blowing... and not just a gentle breeze, it's blowing... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

So I had to stop what I was doing, put everything away, take all the papers down while trying to contain my extreme urge to shout obceneties to the sky.

Now I have to get up early tomorrow on my day off from work and hope it's not windy so I can paint the top in the morning and put the rack on in the afternoon when it should be dry... Of course it'll be forever before I can get a basket for it...

2. ccox7

ccox7 Registered Member

I hear you, I live in New Orleans Louisiana. Plenty of water to be had around here or anywhere in the Mississippi River Delta.Mosquitos are a threat and of course Hurricanes and it gets Hot and Humid...Very Hot and Humid !! It ain,t perfect here either but at least there is plenty of water.Personally I would like to live somewhere in the Carolina,s closer to my favorite sport "Nascar" . Good Luck in your quest for water. /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif