Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i gotta know! who watches TLC

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by NEOMASTINO2U, Oct 27, 2002.

1. NEOMASTINO2U

NEOMASTINO2U 1/2 ton status

okay i gotta know how many guys and gals watch the TLC channel to watch shows like hometime, trading spaces, and good ol' bob villa! i swear i drive my husband nuts cause of all the ideas i get from these shows to try on our house! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif I love these shows, but hubby is about ready to ban me from the t.v. set on the weekends, i end up with to many projects for him! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif and if you do watch them what is your favorite show and what was the best idea you got from them and did you actually try it on your house!

kelly

2. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Well Bob Villa is gay. I like the Monster Garage and stuff like that, but I don't watch a whole lot of TV anyway

3. PetaKane

PetaKane 1/2 ton status

I watch. Tables Ladders and Chairs are indeed my favorite matches. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I love watching those shows, too. I agree Bob Vila is a queer.

5. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

I check out Trading Spaces once in awhile cuz I dig Paige and Amy. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. NEOMASTINO2U

i agree i can't stand bob villa, i usually end up yelling at the tv at him, he just says some real stupid stuff, like when someone is using a slotted screwdriver he will look at the camera grab the slotted and say something like for all of you homeowners out there this is a slotted screwdriver! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif really! no sh*t bob! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    i love monster garage did you see it last night with the limo firetruck setup!? to cool and sweet paint job!

kelly

7. thatK30guy

The one thing I hate about Norm Abram on "New Yankee Workshop" is when he starts preaching about safety glasses. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Its no sh!t Sherlock that if you want to be able to see, its common sense to wear safety glasses! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

What I hate about Norm is he talks like everybody has all the tools and power eguipment he has..

9. NEOMASTINO2U

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif why do they act like all homeowners are complete idiots! just they way they talk to some of the workers and homeowners just makes me wanna slap em'! in fact i am watching bob now and i just got this urge to reach into the tv set and slap some sense into that man! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

kelly

10. thatK30guy

The only guy I like on all those shows is Tommy Silva, on This Old House. He's about the only "normal" one. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

11. ntaj*ep

ntaj*ep 1/2 ton status

I watch TLC quite a bit. But diffrent shows that what yer talking about. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The one thing I hate about Norm Abram on "New Yankee Workshop"

[/ QUOTE ]
    That's the problem right there, he's a damn yankee. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

13. thatK30guy

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Ditto /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

Nothing wrong wit a Yankee. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

I like TLC,and the Food channel. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

it seems that trading spaces is too "hollywood" now, with nowhere near as many ideas and tips as it used to have.
    when we first started watching, they would show two or three cool techniques for painting, or faux finishes or whatever.
    now they seem to concentrate on the people, and the cast.
    but genevive is nice to oggle. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

17. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

I love the old "this old house" shows when Norm would come on and tell Bob Vila the RIGHT way to do stuff. Norm is the man!!!

18. NEOMASTINO2U

ya i liked trading spaces and got alot of good ideas but it has turned into a soap opera that and i can't stand doug! i would like to take that guy behind one of those house's and kick the crap right out of him!LOL! but have you seen the new one while you were out! that one is pretty good, and i like hometime alot they show some good house plans and ideas for remodeling and they actually show you how to do it. thats how i learned how to do a tile counter top for my kitchen! i must say it came out awesome and hubby was impressed that i did it on my own, looks like a professionally made top, i only spent 160.00 on tiles mastic and grout and wood, a proffesional wanted to charge me 2500.00 for a tile counter top! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif so i was just wondering if anyone else has tried to use any ideas on there homes from some of these shows and did the project come out good, and was it better and cheaper than having a contractor doing it. over the years we have gutted our house and redone it by ourselves, only contractors we had to use was the gas installer guy, and the carpet people, the hard wood floors we put in ourselves and saved even more money by getting them at the restore,which does salvage stuff, all we had to do was refinish them. so we have saved a bundle watching these shows.

kelly

19. jackedjimmy350

jackedjimmy350 1/2 ton status

monster garage is da shiznit! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. Overkill

Overkill 1/2 ton status

Monster garage, Full metal challenge, Hard hat derby, and junkyard wars! Can't go wrong... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif