Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I GOTTA LEAVE MY K5 FOR A YEAR!! and anybody on here from around Omaha, Ne

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rick88blaze, Oct 22, 2003.

1. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

In February I will be leaving for a 12 month remote tour to South Korea. I'm still not sure what will hurt the worst: Leaving my wife and kids for a year, or leaving my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif for a year!! just kidding!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

on that same note!! When I come back, I should be getting stationed at Offutt AFB, Neb. it's just south of Omaha. I'll be looking forward to getting up there and doing some wheeling again when i get back!! before anybody asks, I'm active duty Air Force. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

rick

2. stallion85

stallion85 1/2 ton status

Sorry to see you go Rick, I guess I will have to find somebody else into wheelin' round here. Good luck in Korea and NE, oooh very cold. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

3. rugger03

rugger03 1/2 ton status

hey check your PM, i sent you info of a ck5'r that is sort of a permenate resident in Korea.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Re: I GOTTA LEAVE MY K5 FOR A YEAR!! and anybody on here from around Omaha

Be safe man. Anything you wanta know about Omaha, Ne. ask away, I grew up there. There's soom good wheeling just south of Offutt by the Platte river, and just north of Omaha up by Ponka Hills.

5. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

rugger03, i got your PM, thanks dude!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Z3PR, i'll probably start asking you questions towards the end of next year when i'm getting ready to come back to the states. thanks for the offer, though. look for questions coming your way next year. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

rick

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Kewl, I like to answer questions, and I know all about the Omaha area. I'll probley be moving back there in a year or 2. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. BurbLover

BurbLover 1/2 ton status

Dude, I loved S. Korea. I was at Osan from Oct 94-95. Had a blast. I understand it's a little more restricte now. I used to rock climb in Taejon with the Korean National Climbing Team. The very same team that rescued the Swiss (I think) guys on Mt McKnley in the late 80s. Those guys were bad!! Anyway, plan on getting lots of orders for Mink blankets. I hope you have a blast & take care!!!!