Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I gotta question

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Channing74, Jan 4, 2001.

1. Channing74

Channing74 Registered Member

I recently had an el kameleon cd player installed and my factory speakers popped when I turned it up enough to listen past road noise. I thought (what i get for thinkin) that my speakers are not strong enough so i have my front speakers replaced with infinity speakers (3 1/2"). I still have popping but not as bad. Do i have more than 2 factory speakers in the dash? And if not do I need to boost the power with a amp or what? I like my George Strait loud, but it seems like when i get to many highs going my speakers start to pop. I have no problem with my 2 10" JBL's powered by an mtx amp. any input to this jumble of words would be helpful ....... thanks in advance

Bigger is Better [​IMG]
    Channing74

2. istallion88k5

istallion88k5 1/2 ton status

I sorta had the same situation but I powered my 3.5" Pioneers by an amp, if I let any frequency below 400 to em they poped rather violently, so I had to take my crossover and limit anything below 400hz to them.

If it aint a Chevy don't raise it up!

3. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

A) You dont have enough power running you mids and highs, when you turn the radio up you start to get distortion, the louder it goes the more you get the more it pops. Get an amp to run your mids and highs so that you will solve this problem. Also make sure it has a High Pass crossover so that you can solve problem (B)
    B) a 3.5 speaker can not handdle that much bass!!!!![​IMG]
    hope this helps. HAVE A NICE DAY!!!![​IMG]

[​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://dblazer.coloradok5.com>http://dblazer.coloradok5.com</A>

4. Channing74

Channing74 Registered Member

Helps tremendously ..... thanx I know what i need to do ....... I have some custom work in mind that i want to do when i get it finished i'll post some pictures .......

Bigger is Better [​IMG]
    Channing74