Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I graduated today!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by K5MONSTERCHEV, May 28, 2005.

1. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

Today was my graduation from college. I got my AS degree in "Automotive Electronics Technology". I was thinking so what, its just a JC, but as I thought a little more about it, it doesnt matter, what matters is that I actually completed it and got my degree. Also, I did it in 2 years, which a lot of people dont. As of now im not going to transfer, (but id like to get my BA in business) I have a few options, I might start my apprentice ship, go to GM asep school, or get a job with the FBI, im just not sure which yet. Anyway, I was just really happy and had to share. Now maybe ill get time and money to finish my four wheel drive!

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Congrats Kiddo!

3. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Im proud of you man, first met your gal , and now you graduated,,,good show! :)

4. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

Congrats! You're a lot better off than I am.

5. duece21

duece21 1/2 ton status

Congrats! You should be proud of yourself. Once you decide what you think you want to do for a living then you can make your decision on where to go next. If you go for your BS in business try to specialize in something. If you just go for general BS in business every swinging d*ck has one. Trust me I'm one of them. You should definitely be proud though.:waytogo:

6. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

Hey, I had the perfect final exam for that class for you. A 74 Blazer that needs to be re-wired.....dang, always a day late and a dollar short..... Congratulations. I do recommend that you get back into the swing of college asap though. The longer you stay out, the more excuses you generate not to finish a four year degree. Get a four year degree in something, even if it isn't exactly what you want. 90% of the people you talk to with a four year degree end up working in an unrelated field anyways. Most companies view a four year degree as a sign of somebody who has the willpower and work ethic to stick out a long term project. Besides, if you want to work for the FBI, you are going to be a marginal candidate with just a four year degree. They have people lined up with Masters degrees trying to get in. You have already shown that you can get an AS, keep the momentum up.....

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Eh, there is a kid at Wyotech who wants to be in the FBI(Wyotech is just his break from Criminal Justice studies). If he is an indicator of the people actually in the FBI(I'm just joking here cause they will never accept him), then the FBI is worse than the cops on Super Troopers. The kid is a total moron. He is one of the slowest, most gullible people I've ever met. He'd be at a briefing on a hostage situation, "we have no idea how many men or guns", "well duh, hasn't anyone just asked? **he walks off to go ask the hostage takers**"

8. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

You're gonna be ALOT better off in the job market..... Congrats. And keep it up.

9. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

Con-grad-uations!

10. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

The testing process for the FBI, and any reputable agency, is pretty tough. Wanting to be a cop/agent and making it on and past probation are two different stories.....

11. K5MONSTERCHEV

Thanks guys!!

Desert Rat, I saw your blazer in the for sale forums, I was thinking about it.........Or was that someone elses?!?!?!?

The FBI job isnt like that at all. A guy I have known forever from church works for them, hes KIND OF like a recruiter. I would be working on their cars. :D

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Congrats Greg! Good luck with finding a job :)

13. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

:thumb:
    Do more than me. I went through 4.5 years of college for business management, and I'm a janitor. Someday I'll have my own business. :grin:

Good job. :D

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Congrats. :waytogo: I agree with some of the other guys - if you are going to go back, do it soon. If you stay out long, you will find it much more difficult to go back.

15. K5MONSTERCHEV

Well I talked to the guy about a job with the FBI, and it sounds kick ass!!! They have a multi million dollar shop, do EVERYTHIGN inhouse, smogs too. You dont even need your own tools, they have it all, somehting like $25k per tech. All the big three scanners (those are mostly the only cars they work on, another plus!) The head guy sounded so cool, we talked for a while. No pressure like at a dealership. Hes going to give me a call when they hire again, and let me come check out the facility. Its awesome, I hope that things work out with it. :D

16. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS DONT YOU??????????????????????? :confused:

SMOGS FOR EVERYONE!!!!! :grin:

17. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Congradulations I graduated a couple weeks back on Friday the 13th of May, from Iowa Lakes Community College, With an associates in Ag Business

Doesnt it feel great to be dont and to have the little peice of paper worth thousands :grin:

18. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

good luck!

19. K5MONSTERCHEV

HAHA I was thinking that. HAHAHA

Thanks, congrats to you too. And yes it does feel good. So little can mean so much!