Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i guess im out of luck rant about vendors

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Feb 23, 2006.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

so i go though here and find the stuff i want front bumper rear tire carrier bumper and sliders. i try to contact vendors and it seams EVEYone has stopped production on the things i want. what a slap to the face why even advertise if you wont produce the products? this kinda upsets me so i guess i wont be dealing with the vendors here in the future. i probably wouldnt mind if they would have said they have to make more and it will be a little while but they all said they have stopped production. is it because i have a bard door burb and they are too lazy to change a few things? i got my taxes back and planed on spendin some money with these guys, and i get the cold shoulder. im sure i can get the front bumper i want since it would be the same as any k5 but im not going to even bother. i guess its just better to keep my revenue local with a fabricator here. at least ill save on shipping.

thanx alot
    balzer

2. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

Did you try DIY4x

I have never heard of him saying no to any custom order.

3. chopped&bobbed77burb

chopped&bobbed77burb 1/2 ton status

I Have noticed most aftermarket stuff caters to the newer rig's so there is not much stuff for our old chevy's and that leave us to either make it ourselves or go to a custom fab shop . Most of the stuff that is out there for our chevys is so 80's looking in style and look's very outdated compared to the newer stuff . I think for most of the vendors on this site and PBB are more focused on the hardcore stuff (thats ok with me ). you may just have to find a custom fab guy in your area and put your heads together and build something that works best for you AND something that will last awhile as opposed to some of the flimsey bolt on crap that out there for those jeep guy's :haha: . Good luck man :D

4. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

He's like the ez cheerleader in school:haha: :haha:

5. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I would give Jesse a call at Blazin Off-Road. He makes everything you want, and has some good prices too. Really if you can't find sliders or bumpers on here you aren't looking very hard.:rolleyes:

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Send me a pm with what you want. We can make pretty much anything you need. If you can take delivery of a pallet or can get to a forward air terminal, we can help you out.

7. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

were u just looking at the product reviews??? or were u actually going into our vendor section?

8. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

there have been a few companys that have stopped making bumpers, but not all of them.

send me a PM, i need something to do. i have built a few bumpers in the past for members on here.

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Thats where my awesome bumpers came from , a member who fabbed them up . I gladly paid what he thought they were worth too :thumb:

10. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Take it to Anarchy Off Road in Salt Lake. Unlike most, Brandon knows what the hell he is doing and has been in the business for many many years longer than most clowns that just started a fab shop because they thought it sounded cool.

If youre curious what kind of fab skills he has, look at www.anarchyoffroad.com or watch the Monster Garage Bronco rock crawler, he built most of it.

I have been using him to fix the tube work on my comp crawler for over a year now and couldnt be happier. He doesnt give discounts or buddy deals, but Ill glady pay for sick toob fab.

11. RubberFloorMat

RubberFloorMat 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ya i dont see why there are like 50 bolt-to-bumper stinger style lightbars for a new truck and NONE for a 73-91...

honestly its probably easier to build.

you only have to attach at 2 spots for christ sakes.

12. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

That's sig material right there :haha:

-- A

13. azblazer

azblazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That would be simple to answer. Supply vs. demand. They are more customers asking for stuff for the new trucks and suv's than the small dedicated 73-91 crowd. Why make something there isn't a high demand for...gm and most manufacturers of new vehicles only keep making replacement parts for a certain body line for 10 years...after that its basically left up to the aftermarket to pick it up if the demand is there making it profitable to do so.

Back in the day when the K5 was only a couple of years old "HE" or better known as Hickey Enterprises made all the cool aftermarket goodies for our trucks...the company is now long gone as i'm sure the demand for the parts dwindled...allthough they made the sidewinder winch and sometime in the early 80's vic sold the rights to advanced adapters...and they don't even make that winch anymore.

DW

14. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Where did you look, and who did you ask? I can find anything I need here by making a few PMs.

Oh, BTW, quit whining.