Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I had an epiphany this evening about trucks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Nov 26, 2004.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I decided that as much as I like newer trucks and all, I don't think I can have one for a while... Not because of money. Well, yeah, mostly because of money... But also because I had a realization tonight while I was sliding around on the sheet of ice that is Cheyenne, Wyoming:

Every single vehicle I have ever owned that's had a computer and a check engine light has flashed that damn light at me within the first month of owning it. Only in the case of the Jeep has the truck not ran right when the light came on, and only in the case of the Jeep has a scan of the computer come up with ANYTHING worth worrying about...

I like newer trucks, but I'm done with those darn flangled Check Engine lights. The damn trucks don't know when they're broken, and when they are, I can't fix them. Time to get back in an older vehicle without all those stinkin lights telling me what to do. Something that tells me somethings wrong by breaking down... Something that I can fix on my own with the tools in my closet, with or without assistance. Screw this paying a mechanic crap, and a stupid light on the dash telling ME when something is "wrong" with MY truck...........

Oh yeah, I bet I could buy a brand new vehicle, and within a month that check engine light would come on. Guaranteed. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

2. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

Hummm mabye now you might get a BLAZER???????????????????

3. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

NOOOOOO....

We'll see what happens... I've compiled a list in my head of trucks I'd like... If you want to get technical, though, they're all full-size SUV's:

Blazer/Jimmy
    Wagoneer
    Scout II
    Bronco

Soooo yeah... Whatever of those I find in my price range in the best shape... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

4. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I got a K5 for $800

I can get you a K20 with a winch in Cheyenne for $800

5. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Tell me about this $800 K5...

K20 with a winch sounds nice, but I want an SUV, no more pickups for me I think /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Capman,

If you knew how to fix the EFI rigs, they're actually easier (require little/no brains).

I still prefer the old ones.

7. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I have a K5 sitting in my yard, pretty clean, 32" TSL Radials

It's wired to turn on by pushbutton and the wipers dont work but otherwise it's nice