Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i had the infamous clunk,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Kelboski, May 28, 2000.

1. Kelboski

Kelboski 1/2 ton status

i was on the highway the other day, came to the exit and stopped, and my 84k5 had a clunk noise in the rear of the truck. it clunked 2 or 3 times when i began to pull away from the stop sign. it stopped and has'nt done it since, but there is a small vibration when the tranny switches from 1st to 2nd, hardly noticable..............BUT I NOTICE it. what could be the problem? its on stands growing a 4' rough country lift at the moment, but when the lift is done, i would like to know the clunk/vibration problem so i can fix it before being stranded on a backwoods dirt road at night. please help........with suggestions.
    thanks in advance........Kelboski
    p.s. the lift is going to be 2 sweet

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I'd say a 4' lift would be sweet! What are you planning for tires? 66" terra tires would fit well, I think...hehehe
    I know it's just a typo, but I had to have a little fun. Anyway, you may have a u-joint going. If they have grease fittings, hit 'em with a grease gun until all the old nasty grease is out, take a spin around the block, then grease them again. This is how I'm milking mine along until I get the time to replace them. Hope it helps!

[​IMG] Semper Maintenance!