Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i hate being the family mechanic...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Mar 23, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

gggggrrrrrrrrrrrr this sucks i leave in one month for colledge in phoenix and i have a sh!tload of stuff to do to the suburban to get ready for it and everyone is like "i need you to fix my truck." and when i tell them that i cant they're like "well i was really counting on you to do this for me." excuse me, i have too much sh!t to do before i leave in a month than i can do at this point and you want me to spend a whole day fixin your truck?! damn at this point the suburban is not gonna have ac by the time i move to phoenix, the steering column is coming apart in my hands and it leaks everything everywhere like the frickin exxon valdez. but that doesn't matter to anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

AC is overrated. I haven't had AC in my truck for 3 summers. Hell and for that matter my drivers vent window is broke so I can't open it. Just role the window down and get used to it. Its really not that bad. Just make sure you have a Circle K big gulp with you alot. That is what I do. During the summer the 52oz heavy plastic mug rides shotgun in my truck with me. It isn't too bad at all.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Charge them what a garage would and see how importent it is to them that you fix thier $h!t right now.

4. Skroo

Skroo 1/2 ton status

I'll only fix my parents car at the drop of a hat. I tell everybody else that they have to wait. Yeah they'll b!tch and moan but I'll say, what would you do if I couldn't fix it? You'd take your a$$ to a shop to have it done. If they bitch too much I won't fix it. I became a tech so I could make money. I don't mind helping my buddies or family cause they help me out when I need it, but most of the time they got to wait untill the weekend.

My favorite thing to tell people is "you have a choice. Cheap work, Good work, or Fast work. You can have two, but not all. Everybody wants it fixed right so that leaves cheap or fast. Either you make money or you can do it when you have the time. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

yeah thats just it i dont have time to touch anyone else's truck. i'm supposed to do it this coming sunday but i dont think thats gonna happen.

6. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Tell em you will fix thier trucks after they help you move! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif (and they come to you) /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif