Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate DMV...

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by gokartergo, May 31, 2002.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Thumper hasn't been regestered in 2 years. But the guy as paid it and it is paid up untill July.. I went down to DMV. To get a permit so I could get some exhaust work done and then drive it around for break in.. And then get it smogged. They will only give me a one day permit..They said I have to have proof that it wouldn't pass smog.. WTF is that.. I told her so I have to go and fail a smog test and get it tagged as a gross pulluter. Then have to drive it to a referee.. And pay again. She said YES.. I said a fix it ticket is only $10.00 bucks if I get caught..At that point I started swearing at her so I figured I better leave.. Just last month I got a 30 day permit on my Wives Buick to do the same thing...I had to stand in line for 45 minutes to listen to this ladies Bull.. Sorry had to vent...Dan

2. Zeus33rd

Zeus33rd Smarter than you GMOTM Winner

Feel ya dude...The DMV people are so wrapped up in there regulations and books and comptuers and crap, that they leave commons sense behind.

3. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that.

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Hey I feel for you , When I brought Tweetysuarus here to Cali, I had to go to the state referee cause my Vin. didn't match my title. So Highway patrol here I come then smog Sate referee and all before I got current Registration So I took my chances any did what I had to to get it through without any tickets or anything else!
    Sorry, Bill

5. SAVAGE1

SAVAGE1 1/2 ton status

Damn! Speak of the devil, I just got my registration crap in the mail today, and its smog time!! Hope everything's cool after my engine swap:fingers crossed:

6. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I found out they dont give the passes out other than the one day ones too.I said screw the pass and just took care of my business and hoped I didnt get cought /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. Greg72

Greg72 "Might As Well..." Staff Member Super Moderator

Stuff like this is the reason why 1st Gen Blazers keep getting more expensive! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

I hate dealing with smog on my vehicles. At least I always know that the K5 will be simple every year.

8. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

That's what I am going to have to do...I tried the legal way.. And they are no help..So I will do the illegal way and hope I don't get caught...LOL

9. 70~K5

70~K5 1/2 ton status

Carry with you the proof that the fees have been paid. If the cop that stops you is in a good mood maybe he'll let you go.

10. xplosuv

xplosuv 1/2 ton status

Man I have been looking for someone to smog my beast for 4 years. I have offered up to 400 bucks but cant find anyone. O well 2 more years and it will be smog excempt, CA smog is a crock of $hit, my rig passes the test but wont pass visual...WTF I thought all this was for cleaner air not more money in the pockets of the feds. If it blows cleans what does it matter whats under your hood?
    Rant over....
    Tony

11. LiftedAssDodge

LiftedAssDodge 1/2 ton status

dmv is a hole, everyone hates it