Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate drunk drivers

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Citizen Rider, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Sat night, i was hit head on by a drunk driver.

I was heading to a friends, and right at midnight i pulled up to a stoplight, on a one way road, and theres headlights infront of me. I analize the situation and figure he just didnt know he was going the wrong way. I notice his front end go down like he hit the brakes, so maybe he saw me. Then his nose rises like he just floored it, thats when i cut my wheel and tried to gun my 95 chevy silverado out of the way. He plowed into my drivers front hard. The whole time i could see him in my headlights, with a dazed and confused look, and that never changed even after he hit me. I grabbed my phone, undid my seat belt, and slammed my body into the door to open it. I get out, notice my gas tank door is open from the impact, the mini van behind me people are getting out to check on us. I call 911, jump onto the 95 crown victoria's hood and as im talking to 911 im checking on the guy that hit me. He has 2 passengers in the back seat. All 3 are clearing drunk as hell. I tell 911, make sure they are ok, and give 911 the description of both our vehicles. Police and medics show up. The guy gets out, and the passengers get out. I noticed the passengers on the side of teh road, then i looked up again and they were gone. The driver stuck around, and when a cop asked if anyone else was in the car, he said "everyone is fine" and continued to repeat that. I told them there were 2 other people. They take him off and question him, im waiting for my mom to get there, and im analizing what the hell just happened. My drivers wheel is hanging on by half a balljoint, with both control arms bent.

My witness keeps checking up on me makin sure im alright. I was very shakin up and in shock. But felt fine. Knew id be sore in the morning. The witness's gave me their info and my mom arrived very shakin up also. I hear the guy that hit me tell the cops that he "was going east and turned here and he was in my way." Dumbass, you came at me headon, you didnt turn into me and obviously i was in your way cause you WERE GOING THE WRONG WAY!!

They do a feild test on him and arrest him. HE WAS .166 alcohol level, double the legal limit!

He also has no insurance.

Monday my back began and is still killing me. Ive been to the doctors, been given some pain meds and muscle relaxant, but nothing has helped.

No word from my insurance company about my truck, but im voting on it being totaled.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now to find me a tow rig:o

2. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I know your sore and slightly hurt, but I am glad to see you are "ok" in general. Things could have been alot worse. Someone was looking out for you that night for sure.

Sheetmetal can be fixed, things can be replaced, but a person cannot..

Sucks that the other driver has no insurance. I just can't believe some people sometimes..

John

3. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Damn, glad you are alright, it would have taken everything I had to keep myself from inflicting some sort of physical harm on that toad....

4. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

It seams you handled the situation well. I am glad you are ok. I hope your back is going to be alright.

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Don't let the other guy get off scot free. Make sure he ends up in court, not just for driving drunk and the wrong way but also for wrecking your truck.
    Even if he doesn't have insurance, he can pay restitution however long the judge tells him to pay it. At least with the rest., you will still get some money from him even though it will be over a period of time. Its better than no money and him getting away with it.

6. lunchbox

lunchbox 1/2 ton status

holy ****!

7. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

good that you are basicly o.k. sorry for your truck.

make him pay. then buy it back cheep and solid axle it and wheel the hell out of it.

8. chalet2506

chalet2506 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That blows. Glad to see your o.k., take his ass to court. My brother got court ordered restitution from a punk that stole his Camaro in high school. $20/month and then one day BAM $1500 in the mail.

9. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

I'm going to vote totaled as well
    looks like the frame is bent from the pictures
    glad your ok, that could have ended a lot worse

10. Jishory

Jishory 1/2 ton status

Were the guys speaking spanish to each other? Better take that asshole to court before he leaves town

11. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Man, that sucks. Glad to see that you are ok, it could have been a lot worse. Drunk drivers suck.

12. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

What's wrong with speaking Spanish? :rolleyes:

Well hope everything turns out right for you man,and you get some money back from the insurance company.

13. Xtremegmc80

Xtremegmc80 1/2 ton status Premium Member

ouch

man that sucks! when i was 16 a drunk driver rearended my firebird. totaled the car, both doors wont open, rear end was right behind under my chair. front winsheild totaled.. bruised 2 of my ribs. steering wheel bent. i got out of the car thru the roof (t tops) checked on the driver.. he was out but laying in back of the van... who was driving???:confused: well he got dui.. insurance only paid me 800 bucks. but i took the entire car apart before insurance took it. made some money back and thats when i got into chevy trucks... GLAD to hear youre alright! btw im new to this place.. a experienced member told me abt this place, i got ADDICTED to it:doah: take care and good luck with everything! make sure the drunk driver pay!.

14. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You are alright, and that is the important thing. Now call a lawyer. Sue the F***er. Get a judgment and record it. Make sure that anything he ever has is encumbered. The court system cannot possibly make his life misreable enough - bring it to him like a drunk behind the wheel.

15. dogdaysunrise

dogdaysunrise 1/2 ton status

Are you Jake or Paul?

Anyways, good to hear you are okay. He musta hit you pretty damn hard. That lower control arm is a big mofo.

16. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I believe Jishory's comment has to do with the vehicular homicide his friend was a victim of at the hands of an illegal immigrant...

Which probably doesn't remotely apply to this.

17. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

X2!!!

and seriously glad you are ok!!! I feel for you i rearended my dad years ago 2 weeks in icu and lots of pain. It will get better, i have seen trucks like that fixed up if you have the time.

just take it easy!

18. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Let me know if you need anything man.

19. Citizen Rider

Citizen Rider 1/2 ton status

Thanks alot guys! Right now my backs doin alright, still hurts to stand and sometimes sit. I just bare with it. My pain meds dont do anything. The past 2 nights i havent slept for some reason.

I still got some lawyers to call, but the one i talked to said im SOL cause he doesnt have insurance. He wouldnt explain to me why. I know that theres gotta be a way for me to sue him for going the wrong way, double the legal limit of intoxication, no insurance, totaling my truck, and putting me through pain i shouldnt be going through. Anyone got some help in setting me in the right direction?

Oh, and it was a 37yo white male, computer programer out of Carrolton.

20. Xtremegmc80

Xtremegmc80 1/2 ton status Premium Member

if its a 37 yr old white man and a computer programer. he should have money to pay for insurance! unless he has a bad record from the past and cant get a cheap insurance or no insurance at all.. he have his drivers license? maybe it was suspended. thats the things u need to find out. and he could be behind bars for it. but he deserve it.