Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Hate EMISSONS

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by AllamericanK5, Sep 26, 2006.

1. AllamericanK5

AllamericanK5 1/2 ton status

ok soo jump threw all the hoops to get it all legal. Go to the place Oh we can put that on our dyno those tires are tooo big. So go home put some 31s on go back. Put it on test it well you go high CO readings. Ummm maybe cus your tring to make it go 60 with WOT. So I wire the secondaries closed soo lil du mass cant open them. Any ways I need to bring them down. Already leaned the carb idel circut. Plaied with the timing. Only other thing I can think of because of the gearing and them tring to make it turn a billion rpm thats why its rich. Im going to check the air pump tomarrow. Is there any thing else i could do? theres a brand new cat on it. Im just lost at this point.

2. NEK5

NEK5 3/4 ton status Premium Member

get your inspectors license:D

3. AllamericanK5

lol yeah i hear the state tends to frown apon that ha ha good idea

4. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

They will put up to a 33" tire on that dyno.

You may want to post the high CO emission question in the Garage.

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Make sure you drive the truck around a fair amount before you put it on the dyno so the cat gets nice and hot. Have you changed your oil recently? Have you cleaned your plugs recently? What octane are you running?

Clean your plugs, change your oil, and run low octane gas. I have heard that rubbing alcohol in the gas helps too. Don't know about that for sure though.

Harley

6. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

My wife has the same problem with me...:D

7. cwn anwyn

cwn anwyn 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Where at in CO are you doing your emissions?

The last time I did them in Aurora, I changed the oil, air filter, plugs and new cap+rotor. I ran the truck for about an hour and went in hot. Passed with flying colors but I was sweating it, and that was with out the vac lines and emissions stuff hooked up correctly.:doah:

I just had to redo them again down here in El Paso county and it was a piece of cake. Over here in Falcon, the Jiffy Lube just stuffed a sensor up the tail pipe and let it idle, than brought it up to 2300-2400 rpm. Thats it. No dyno or any difficulties. Also, I dont no about the metro area, but emissions go away for good on 1 January (I think its state wide). Thats according to the DMV monkey who wouldnt give me a temp tag so I could emission the truck when I wanted to.:mad:

Z

8. AllamericanK5

Yeah see i have done every thing you guys said. But i did put in 87 sooo that might have a lil to do with it. I honestly think its cus hes turning at least 4300 or so to do 60 with the lil tires on it.

9. moneypit

moneypit 1/2 ton status

Where in Co u at? pics look familiar like maybe from a school parking lot????

10. AllamericanK5

HA HA yeah man that Pic was taken at Lakewood High

11. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Actually that is just El Paso County that's loosing the emissions thing. And there are already a lot of counties out east and in the mountains that don't require emissions.

However, I doubt that anything near Denver will ever ditch emission testing.

Oh, and Cwn_anwyn, I know that the Grease Monkey down the street from me tends to look the other way when I show up asking for emissions testing without plates or anything. So if you have one nearby, maybe you can get the test without the temp tags. Just a thought.

12. AllamericanK5

tttttbumpttttt