Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Hate Fixing Car Noises

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So last night, one of the SGTs. hopped in with me, it was time to put miles on my awesomely awesome 2000 Crown Vic with over 123,000 miles.

Well, I have an antenna that likes to make noise, but at first it wasn't bad, only around turns and huge bumps. Of course last night the damn thing had to stay noisy all night long, irritating my SGT.

So I just spent an hour cutting cork, spraying adhesive and tightening the hell out of screws and the damn thing still is making noise.

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Time to find yourself in hot pursuit of a criminal and when backup arrives "lose control" of the car and put it in a ditch... Then y'all can get a new car with new antennas that don't make noise /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Larry_in_Tx

Larry_in_Tx 1/2 ton status

My wife’s the worst for sending me on hunts for phantom noises in her car. She’s even taken her brand new Jimmy up to the dealership after I killed 4 beers sitting in the driveway with her hearing nothing while she swears the most irritating noise on the planet is coming from the dash right in front of me. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I got to hear how stupid the dealership was after they gave the truck back and told her she was nuts. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

She thought she had me one time because she sat me down in the truck and low and behold there really was a noise in there. After I looked down and picked up on where it was coming from I let her wonder about it for a bit before I pointed out the straw she had in a half empty Sprite can was making the noise at idle. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
    Oh the married life with my wonderful wife. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Time to find yourself in hot pursuit of a criminal and when backup arrives "lose control" of the car and put it in a ditch... Then y'all can get a new car with new antennas that don't make noise /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I'm getting ready to get a new one. I've got the oldest one in the fleet, well except for the jail administrator and our '92ish Blazer. I don't know the plan, other than we're spending $100K on new cars and at least one of them is going to be a 4x4 Z71. Hopefully I will get a new Crown Vic or maybe one of the SGT's 2001 slicktops.

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

speaking of driving the oldest car in the fleet, my friends and i were discussing the differences between cops who drive new/special vehicles and the cops who drive the older, more beat up vehicles. at least around here, the cops that drive the older cars seem to be kinda bitchy, like they got a cactus up their rear, while the cops drivin the cool cars (an example of this would be the '00 twin turbo cobra R that was seized in a drug raid and turned into a police vehicle) seem to be a whole lot cooler/lienient. as a law enforcment officer, what's your take on this, bubba? is it the car?

AND, if i joined the force just so i could drive cars like that, do you think they'd let me? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

6. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Our podunk town has a 80's K5 in the police fleet. Oh I would LOVE to build that up into a cralwer with all the police trim intact....

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    speaking of driving the oldest car in the fleet, my friends and i were discussing the differences between cops who drive new/special vehicles and the cops who drive the older, more beat up vehicles. at least around here, the cops that drive the older cars seem to be kinda bitchy, like they got a cactus up their rear, while the cops drivin the cool cars (an example of this would be the '00 twin turbo cobra R that was seized in a drug raid and turned into a police vehicle) seem to be a whole lot cooler/lienient. as a law enforcment officer, what's your take on this, bubba? is it the car?

AND, if i joined the force just so i could drive cars like that, do you think they'd let me? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran into the deputy that is driving the Blazer and he wants it as bad as I do. We're not too thrilled with the possibility of getting pickups.

As for a wheeler in police trim, there's a LASO deputy that races stock mini in a Ranger and it's decked out as a police vehicle. Very cool.