Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate it when the dog gets out...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Capman2k, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Bastard's gonna end up at the pound if he doesn't freeze to death tonight... Or decide come home...

I WAS gonna take him for a walk, but dumb thing was a little too excited :rolleyes: :haha: :doah:

2. spongeidys

spongeidys 1/2 ton status

go find him dammit

3. Roland_Jenkins

Roland_Jenkins Registered Member

I can relate to your plight. When I was a tyke my dad bought me a dog which I named Digger. Dad thought it was funny to let him out. I'd walk around the neighborhood calling for him. Problem was, I lived in Compton.

4. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

Whenever my dog would start running away, I could catch her before she was gone. Basset's can't out run a good football tackle with a leg grab...:)

5. divorced

divorced 3/4 ton status

What is this "freeze" you speak of?

Speaking of freezing to death... did you hear about the guy who froze to death while walking home from the funeral of someone who froze to death?

6. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

my dog used to get out all the time. built a 6 ft pen with railroad ties along the bottom to keep him from digging. he would stay in it for about 20 minutes then he was out. put up a chain for him and he would stay on it for about 20 minutes and pull his collar off. we put a choke chain on it and it took him 2 days to figure out how to stretch the collar and pull his head through. had to pull it down tight enough that it wouldnt fit over his head but not so tight to choke him and put a clip on it. he figured that one out too. ended up putting two collars on and hooking them together. sometimes he can get one off but not the other. Im not worried about him running loose cause he'll come home when he gets hungry but he is a hunting dog and he likes to hunt things. already killed one of the neighbors cats.

7. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

He came home last night... At one in the morning while I was sleeping... I heard him from the basement, behind two closed doors, standing on the back porch hollaring my name (more like some kinda weird "I'm dying and no one friggin cares" sound)... He was caked in mud and soaked, then decided he wanted to sleep on my bed :doah: :doah: So I had to fight him to stay off then toss him in the shower...

But I'd rather lose a few minutes of sleep than pay $30 to bail him out of the pound :eek1:

8. FOR MUD

FOR MUD 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Bastard's gonna end up at the pound if he doesn't freeze to death tonight... Or decide come home...

I WAS gonna take him for a walk, but dumb thing was a little too excited

My ex-wife used to say the samething!!!!:D