Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Hate Mikey

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Because...

He bitched about not having any snow in the midwest yet...low and behold today when I was laying asphalt it snowed:mad:

And if anyone is curious why I was laying asphalt in 20 degree weather while it was snowing...its because my place of employment is ran by raving lunatics

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

Don't they know thats a waste of time and money laying it in temps that low?

3. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Oh gets much better then that we are laying it in a 4 inch deep 3 inch wide space prolly about oh around 150 feet long, 4 channels like that. Well its between the rails and the concrete on our train loadout scale(i work at a grain elevator) Well when Souixland Scale was here fixing it they said in a few years we would have to tear up our concrete because it was getting old, the Union Pacific Rail inspector said as early as 2 years maybe. There had been crushed rock in there, we used a heavy duty air compressor and a pick axe to get that stuff out it was packed in there so hard.

This stuff has been packed 3 times with a 18 ton shuttlewagon thus far and will prolly get repacked a few more (its supposed to hit 50 next week we'll do some more then)

We are gonna need a freakin jackhammer when we tear it out next...hopefully either im not the rookie anymore when we do that or im employed elsewhere by then

another funny part in the equation was the fact they sent out dump truck to get the asphalt last tuesday so it sat in the truck 8 days...
    I raise the box 3/4 of the way up...tailgate swung open and the big brick jsut sat their and laughed. I ended up revving the truck up to get the hydralics some more power to raise the box more, finally it came out ...a 12 foot long and 3 feet thick chunk:haha:

4. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

another funny part in the equation was the fact they sent out dump truck to get the asphalt last tuesday so it sat in the truck 8 days...
    I raise the box 3/4 of the way up...tailgate swung open and the big brick jsut sat their and laughed. I ended up revving the truck up to get the hydralics some more power to raise the box more, finally it came out ...a 12 foot long and 3 feet thick chunk:haha:
    Man you must work with some real dipsh!ts........
    :D :haha:

5. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

nah guys i work with are smart is the big wigs that sit in a office over in west bend that are the real brain surgeons.

6. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey, it was colder before it snowed, you should be thanking me. :deal:

7. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

It was 68* in the shop today:D

8. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

60 in ours all morning damn heat nazi I cant wait till he takes vaction me and gary are gonna crank it up to 80 like last winter and burn that used oil, lol

9. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

this time of the year you can't leave anything in a dump truck over night. Its been in the 20s here in the northwest and we have to have out trucks and equipment cleaned out each night.

One of our trucks pulls a 36ft all aluminum dump trailer. They had him haul this black dirt (its out of a swamp) and its so moist that it stuck to that aluminum box like glue. Was not fun to clean out.

10. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

I forget, eastern Washington gets the **** more than we do. :D

Drey: It's good to know I have support.

11. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

In a related story I was laying pipe yesterday and it did not snow here, thank you, that is all.

12. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

You just had to say that didnt you:mad:

I froze my a$$ off all day and I was even driving truck...stupid heater wouldnt keep up, and if the truck idle for more then 15 minutes while i was getting stuff somewhere it was back to cold...:mad:

13. surpip

surpip 1 ton status