Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i hate mondays

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ducttape114, May 12, 2003.

1. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

ok, this is how today went. i work at a feed store BTW
    8 am: semi of oats that was supposed to get here wensday arrives

8:30 am: semi of pine shavings thats not supposed to get here till thurs shows up. only one loading dock, tell driver #2 he has to wait till we finish #1

9:45 driver #2 backs up. we scramble to make room in a full warehouse for 20 pallets.

we have to stack these 12' high pallets of shavings on top of each other in order to fit them. i had just set the top one down and was backing up when the botom pallet broke, sending about 2 tons of shavings slowly tipping onto my forklift. sitting there i had a flash of 8 year old chinese kids building the cage on this forklift in a sweatshop. how well can 8 year olds weld? fortunatly it didnt crush. so now theres a mess in the of these 50lbs bags of sawdust all over. and in the avalanch, a few other bags of pelleted horse feed exploded.

keep in mind all this is happining while we are trying to load one of our delivery trucks and help customers. and theres only 3 of us.

i give up the seat on the forklift as i was really pissed of at myself. I grab a broom and start sweeping up the pellets on my hands and knees. apparintly the guy on the fork lift said WATCH YOUR HEAD! but i dont remeber it. one of the 50lbs bags of shavings fell of the fork lift from about 15 feet up and hit me in the back of the head. 50 lbs really isnt that much but from 15 feet it made me see stars. it really didnt hurt that bad but i sure made my head spin. ran a quick check, everything moved still, no numbness, got back up and unloaded the rest of the truck. all this happened before 10 AM.

after lunch im loading my truck for delivery and i fall in one of the cracks between the bales and the flatbed. whack my shine on the flat bed, throw both arms in the air for balence and let go of one of my hooks, it hangs in the air for a short period of time, then falls and hits me directly in the face. this did hurt a great deal. i now dont care about the headach, i just want to get my delivery done and go home. so i leave to make my deliverys

stop #1. two small, irritating, barking dogs. didnt do anything, just very irriatating. now, if you have every met me you know that im more than six and a half feet tall. i had to drag 22 bales into a hay barn aproximitly 4.5 feet tall, then stack them. i hit my at least ten times on the support beams, i dont really remember how many.

stop #2: never been here before so i go to the house. knock, bitchy old man answers. tells me where the barn is and where he wants everything. the wife yells somthing about stacking the bales "horizontaly". so i walk over the the barn to figure out how im gonna get my 10 foot wide flat bed thru two 11 foot wide gates that arnt in a straight line with each other. walk back to the house. bitchy old man is now bitching that he cant get his car out cuz i parked him in. i parked close, but anyone with any skill could pull this off. so i move my truck, back up to his "barn". his barn is one of those aluminium sheds thats like 10' by 8' with the 5 foot tall door in the middle, and its in direct sunlight, and its about 85*. so inside this oven/barn its closer to 100*. now i see why she said to stack them a certain way, its gonna be a tight fit. so i stack 14 bales what i would call verticaly. dont fit. so i try somthing else, nope, still not fitting. want to ask how they want it, but dont want to go talk to them again. so i stuff it in their in a pattern that was by no means horizantal. i dont care. i hit my head on the damn aluminium door way a few times too. as im clmbing back into the truck our other drive comes flying up this private road way to fast and yells that theirs another order waiting for me and i need to haul ass back the the store. its just after 4. i get off at 5. im not happy. i can tell you that an unlaoded chevy flatbed with a 454 will go VERY fast when asked to, that was fun /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif. so i get back, help load the truck, and let the other guy take it out. now its 4:30, and i have to close down the store by myself. that was a chore. then the book keeper starts bitching at me about somthing.

after work i went to the hardware store where they did not have what i needed.

on the way home saw a girl i kind of like walking home, offered her a ride. really nice, cool girl, however it happens to be my buddy since kindergardens little sister. offlimits, damn.

got home, garage door is open. i live on a dirt road. i very specifically asked that the garage door remain closed because i have two opened up T-cases on the workbench and they dont like dust. i mention this to my old man and he flips out about i need to be more considerate to the rest of the family and maybe there was a good reason the garage door was open. i was never offered a good reason. just the fact that there might be one. so basically he forgot to close the garage and rather then saying he messed up, he got a pissed off about it.

now i sit at home, venting to you guys, and wishing there was some food in this house.

i bet no one will actually read this whole post but it sure felt good to write. im gonna go take some asprine, my head kind of hurts.

2. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Dude, way to long to read . Didn't even try, all I can say from a post that long I hope things are getting better Tuesday... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. angrysnowplow

angrysnowplow 1/2 ton status

I read it. You have my sympathy, crappy day you had yourself there.
    But stop hitting your head, it can't be that good for ya. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i bet no one will actually read this whole post but it sure felt good to write. im gonna go take some asprine, my head kind of hurts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read you whole post and I must say. You day sucked worse than mine /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif and mine sucked /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

But atleast my trucks finaly mobile /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

my day was ok i didnt go to school today..missed the bus...im grounded from my truck for a week for skipping detention..and i had no other ride.. so i spent the day on my ass in front of the computer..im not complaining lol..and no im not really as dumb and that bad of a kid as i sound.. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

6. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Damm what a day you had glad to hear your ok.
    Just thinking you may want to get a helmet to keep from hurting your self /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Cripes maybe one of those helmet's with the face cage'll do you good...

Think of it this way, it's over!! And yeah, I read the whole thng too. And yeah, a flat bed with a big block will haul (I drove a roll-back).

8. zcarczar

zcarczar 1/2 ton status

Damn, sounds like your day sucked worst than mine. I felt like I had a hangover all day because of my fawkin allergies and im practically a space cadet at work today. Thanks God I only work part time.