Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate mothers day!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 87BrnRsd, May 8, 2005.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I am a busboy at a very large chain steakhouse, and mothers day is our busiest day of the year. I worked 12 hours today, with no break, and I didnt even get to sit down! Same thing last year. I wasnt supposed to work that long either year, but last year the busboy who was supposed to come and relieve me got fired the day before, and today both of the ones that were supposed to relieve me and the next busboy, didnt come in. They had excuses, but I dont care, I got screwed. Mother's day is definitely my least favorite holiday.
    -Harrison

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Heyyyyy same story in the hotel biz... Well, not this year...

Got to the hotel at 7:15 ready to be working non stop till about 4... Found out the power had been out since 3 AM... The power finally came back up at 8:30, then it took two hours to get the ovens going, and another three to cook all the food for the huge buffet... We actually were able to get started at 11:30, but by that time it was too late, since most of our business for the buffet comes in between 9 and noon... But we did what we could, for 3 hours, about 700 people... But we were expecting around 1500, that's about a $15,000 loss :yikes:... More importantly, though, the area I was bussing only had six tables, so the tips were about $250 less than my server and I expected... On the bright side, I get my normal bellman pay for bussing tables :)