Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate moving...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 87BrnRsd, May 1, 2006.

1. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Well, tomorrow is moving day for me. Im moving out of my dorm and back home for the summer. I hate moving. Just packing up all the stuff I have accumulated throughout the year is a major pita. On top of that, cleaning everything in my room to like it was when I got here is horrible. I had to "mop" the floor with soapy water in a cup and paper towels.:doah: Its amazing how much dust builds up on EVERYTHING in my dorm....nasty...
    -Harrison

2. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

You think moving out of a dorm sucks...try moving two room mates out of a house and two new ones in, all with large accumulations of tools and truck parts. Yes moving is right up at the top of my list of least favorite things to do.

3. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

yeah I get to move out next week. its gonna suck but I cant wait.

4. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

When I lived in a tiled dorm room, I got some bulk carpet and cut it up to fit the room. No mopping necessary... except for a couple spots where spilled beverages soaked through.

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Who knows what said "spilled beverages" consist of in dorm rooms....:doah:
    -Harrison

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Bwaa Haaa Haaa Haaa Haaa!!!! :haha::haha::haha:You don't even know what moving is! :rolleyes: Wait until you have a wife and a couple of kids and all the "stuff" that a family accumulates over 20+ years.

We're moving in a few weeks and have been packing boxes for over a month now. :doah:Gonna take at least 2 trips in the 26 foot moving truck to get all of our stuff out of here. :yikes:

7. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

Whos to say I dont know what moving is? I know what moving is. Ive moved with my family (4 members) twice now. Not fun at all packing everyones stuff that has accumulated over the years. But..my point is...moving is no fun period. Whether its a dorm room (which im doing now)...or an entire families 2 story house(as stated, ive done twice now)..it sucks.
    Its even worse cause I have finals stacked ontop of eachother that im studying (or at least trying to study for)....while packing.
    -Harrison

8. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

BTW- Harry...you moving out of Colorado or staying in CO? Just curius..cause moving to a new state (which I havent done) would be even worse...
    -Harrison

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Going from Colorado to Texas. 900 mile trip each way. Twice... :(

10. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

That sucks. Good luck with the move...dont lose anything (like thats possible)...haha
    -Harrison

11. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

When we moved down from Flagstaff there was 8 Suburban loads, my Uncle's 1 ton van loaded to the gills, Wimpy loaded up with an 8 foot trailer lookin like the Clampetts and last but not least the biggest U-Haul moving van with the biggest trailer they have in tow.

We've moved a couple of times since then but it's been in town so ya can do it in many multiple trips.

Oh the 8 Suburban loads were 5 trips down by us and then the final big move with my parents' and my little sisters' Suburbans.

Yea I concur moving blows chunks.