Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i hate my job...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by muddysub, Jan 20, 2003.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

AHERN equipment rentals SUCKS!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif they're even worse if you work for them! i am the "yard guy" at one of their shops here in vegas and my job sucks! i fuel equipment, that's about it. the other 6 hours of the day i walk around and try to look busy. and i'm used to working on 160,000lb machines not these little toys they have there. stupid boom lifts and scissor lifts, that's IT!! and i'm not even turning wrenches!! if i were busy all the time it'd be ok but when i have nothing to do (like i have since i started the job last wednesday) it's the worst thing ever. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

i guess i need to give it some time, i didn't like my last job at first but after about 2 months i really liked going to work. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif when i got laid off it killed me cuz i didn't wanna leave that shop. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

2. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

If you got experience in fueling/lubeing equipment what you should do is look for a construction company that deals in road building. Now I'm not sure if Nevada is a right to work state or not but either way those companys pay good wages. I used to service equipment before I became an operator and I was making over $20 an hr. Once you learn the big stuff you can zip right through it.

3. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

I guess it can pay the bills untill you can find something else. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i was about to work for southern nevada paving and they were only paying $8/hr. and las vegas paving is the same.

yeah it's only gotta last 3 months anyway, i leave for colledge in april. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    i hate my job...

[/ QUOTE ]

To quote Drew Carey, "There's a support group for that, It' called everybody and we meet at the bar" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif