Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i hate my spindle..and nuts..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blazeonchevy, Jul 30, 2006.

1. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

:D well i thought it was funny.. but heres the question.... well at first the nuts on the spindle were grinding on the gear inside the hub. but then i fixed that for some reason they werent going down all the way.. but now the gear moves around and grinds against the spindle every now and again. and i was wondering if there is enough room between the two grooves in the axle shaft to put a snapring then the gear then another snapring???? this is on a 78 fulltime d44... or could it be that the whole shaft is moving in and out??:confused: just something that i would like to fix because i hate going to the junkyard to get these spindles but getting them for 15$ instead of 180$$out of lmc is worth it.
    well i guess i shouldhave asked if there is supposed to be something between the spindle and that gear. so ?? lol.. well thanks -sam-

2. neverendingproject

neverendingproject 1/2 ton status

I cant really help you, but the title put a smirk on my face.

3. blazeonchevy

blazeonchevy 1/2 ton status

no input??:confused:

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Do you have that big spring in there that pushes the gear (drive flange if I'm understanding you right) outward? It should keep it away from the spindle far enough...