Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

i hate napa

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by schmuck, Feb 10, 2003.

1. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

i dont know how it is where you all live but here there are about 15 napa stores and the only one that ever has any parts is the main distribution center whitch is on the other side of the city. there is no point in calling because even if someone dose answer the phone their to stupid to tell you if they have the part or not, so you have to go in. then when you get there you have to pull a number and stand in line with 30 other pissed off people to wait for the one guy behind the counter to help you even though he could not find his own arsehole with both hands, a map, and a flashlight. and then half the time either they dont have the part or the guy behind the counter gives up looking since the only thing in their computers are cars of 3 years of age or less. anyway the reason for my rant is i went to pep boys, auto zone, and discount auto parts, and none of them had the part i was looking for , the dealership was closed so i was down to my last option, napa so i drive allthe way across town and i get there at 2:58 guess what they close at 3:00 they loocked the doors as i tried to open them /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif. what i want to know is how do they stay in buisness if their service sucks and they open later and close before every other parts store in town and yes i do mean every other im limited to thse 4. i appologize i just needed a place to vent cause my wife dose not care

2. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

It must be really different down there I haven't had to much of a problem here with NAPA, Depending on what I need I would rather go to NAPA than the other places.
    And Brother I know what you mean about the wife. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Eric

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Okay, with all that, what part was ya looking for?

4. K5DRAGER

K5DRAGER 1/2 ton status

Its alot different here. But then the guy who owns and runs it is also big into 1 gen Blazers and suburbans. He knows his stuff and knows how to look up parts. Sorry to hear its so bad there.

5. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your Napa problemo.
    The Napa here in town is ok, better than some of the other parts stores, but usually more expensive. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

My local Napa sucks too. They generally have parts...they just don't have anyone there that knows enought to sell them to you. And if they eventually do find the right part for your application it costs about 3 times more than anywhere else. The local Schucks is not any better... all the employees in there used to ride the short bus. I try to shop at Carquest now.

7. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

That is unfortunante...I work at Napa here in Fort Collins and it is a different story...the biggest problem with NAPA is that it is basically setep like a franchise system, where each store is individually owned and opereated...The guy that owns our store knows his stuff and owns a few other Napas in Nebraska...There are a few in Denver that have like $200,000 in inventory and just rely on Will Call runs from the main Dist. center...Out store has $1,000,000 in inventory and the new store we are opening is MUCH bigger and will have $1,800,000 in inventory...and the new store is going to have a few redundant parts crossovers, but a lot of unique stuff as well...It kinda suks that a crappy place like that tends to form the overall impression in ones mind about the quality of a store and its employees...If you ever come out here to CO, I will take care ouf ya /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif By the way, I just gotta say that New Orleans is my favorite city to visit, it was just down there a month ago for the 5th time and it is amazing....you guys really know how to take it easy in the big easy....

Chris

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Shheeeett, everytime I've gone through CRAPA, they've always giving me the wrong part. Really pissed me off when I waited for a week becouse they had to order it in, then it's the wrong part. I lived in a little hick town in Iowa. The only parts store was a CRAPA. I ordered a set of big block springs for a 1973 Chevrolet Camaro. I was very clear on what I wanted. After waiting over a week they gave me rear coil springs for a 88 something or other import. That is just onne time of the meny fawkups I had to put up with when dealinng with CRAPA !!!!!!! Then the counter person wants to argue with me claiming thats what I ordered !!!!! I've taken old parts in with me to compair them. It'll be the wrong part and even with the old part sitting right next to what they're trying to give me, they still want to argue saying they're right and I'm wrong.

9. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    The guy that owns our store knows his stuff and owns a few other Napas in Nebraska

[/ QUOTE ]

Who's that?

10. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Visit N.O. you love it, live there you'll figure out whats really up....

N.O. was voted as having the best tasting water in the nation....is water really supposed to taste like something?(Mississippi River after its past a few thousand miles of industrial riverside)

11. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

i was looking for that 50 inch long adjuster sleeve for the steering

12. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

hey josh did you see the post about dinner if you didnt pm me and ill fill you in. and yeah the water is great here thats why we have the highest cancer rate in the country, i personaly belive thats what killed my dad and my best friends dad, i wont drink it now at all, but before all that happend i did drink alot of water man it was good, what i dont get though is all our milk here is in opaque containers and it tastes like schit, but once you leave the city milk comes in that tan collored container and is delicous

13. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

hey fortcollinsram next time your comming down let me know maybe we can meet up and blast through some mud together /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. schmuck

schmuck 1/2 ton status

oh yeah how do you do that in reply to thing

15. fortcollinsram

Ted Heilbrun...he is a good businessman and knows how to setup a store right...

Chris

16. Swanson52

Swanson52 1/2 ton status

That was who I had suspected. His brother just took over the store in Torrington (Wyoming). They have 5 or 6 stores locally now. I didn't know that he had a hand in the one in Ft. Collins. Impressive little NAPA empire he has built.

17. fortcollinsram

Yea, he owns the one that I have worked at while attending school and he is opening a new one here in Fort Collins, just a different area of town...You know, Ted drives down here from Scottsbluff like 4 times A WEEK...that is a bit of drving IMO just to check in on his stores...

Chris

18. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Gah, yeah the ones in Denver about suck. But so does every other parts store in Denver. The Napa Warehouse is my only salvation. It's a bit of a drive away, but if anyone has the part it'll be them.

19. bigbluek20

bigbluek20 1/2 ton status

I luv Napa. The Longmont, CO store has a few great guys that have been my life line for my engine swap.

That said, the local one, while having the same owner, isn't so hot... guess it all depends on the dude behind the counter.

Fortunate for me that I work in Longmont and can make it my lunch destionation /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. fortcollinsram

Dude, just shoot up the road another 10 miles and visit me...I usually go in there on my days off with friends so I can get there sh!t figured out for them...

Chris