Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I hate pirate!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 85mudblazin, Aug 14, 2004.

1. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

I just tried to register over there and it said the administrator banned my e-mail adress, good gives me more reason to hate it /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

most places do not allow Yahoo email addresses. Same with hotmail, and other such addresses.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I never have liked that site due to all the SHITTY ATTUDES that is the norm over there.

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

they wouldn't except hotmail, so I asked these guys, and I was cautioned I shouldn't join... I would get flamed because of my lack of knownledge... and some of my questions /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

5. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

well pi$$ on them if they dont want to accept yahoo or hotmail. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I never have liked that site due to all the SHITTY ATTUDES that is the norm over there.

[/ QUOTE ]

That and they all are HARDCORE jeepers, who HATE newbies, and most else, real dicks IMHO.

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Thats why I love ck5, everyone is friendly here, and willing to help newbies /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i pretty much only use pirate for the tech info and the vendors forum. There is a LOT of knowledge in the user base, problem is, you are 50x more likely to get a "you're an idiot for asking that question" response than something usefull.

j

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I browse the shop and tools forum. Otherwise this is the only site I need for chevy/gm stuff.

10. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

who will give me permission to hack their website and change their banner to butt pirate 4x4.com

11. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

I posted on pirate ONCE.

I got flamed for asking like 4 questions in a single post about Toyota 8" axles, swapping them under an S10 Blazer.

They said I should have done a search... Like a search turned up anything about swapping Toyota axles under an S10 Blazer???

I told them all to FO and Die.

I don't know how many of you go to sites other than CK5 on a regular basis, but CK5 is honestly the very best forum that I know of when it comes to courteous people and a friendly place to ask questions without getting fifty useless answers and/or flames. I go to a wide variety of forums, say for a couple of medical reasons, my Camaro, my K5, some special interests, etc. CK5 is by far the best of them.

CamaroSS.com was a great web site about 3 years ago before I bought my Camaro. About a year ago it got to that point where the owners' heads got way too big and they started doing [darn] like selling autographed T-Shirts and [darn]. WTF??? Now the site is just useful for tech searches. Otherwise it's nearly as bad as Pirate. I go to some smaller Camaro Sites that are better for Chatting and such for the Clubs and get-together type stuff.

CK5 Rocks. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

My brother-in-law is a Furd lover and he belonged to FordTruckWorld.com. He doesn't go there anymore for pretty much the same reasons you stated. Although he added that they got into more of a fixation with making money on everything. It has resulted in a lot of groups breaking off and starting their own sites.

I hope that never happens here.

BTW is there an shorter way to type "brother-in-law" that most everyone will recognize?

13. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

I can't complain too much. I usually use it to search for info or parts. I bought a red star membership there mainly for the prize giveaways and it paid off. I won a $300 gift cert towards a new shaft /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

14. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    I won a $300 gift cert towards a new shaft

[/ QUOTE ] Pirate gives away too much shaft in my opinion.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    who will give me permission to hack their website and change their banner to butt pirate 4x4.com

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I've surfed the site for tech info and found it useful too. But the "we are the baddest of the bad asses" attitude is boring. And if they ever flamed OUR friend 84gmcjimmy they would have a war on their hands.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.giffor CK5

16. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

I'll drink to that.
    I have been on this site for a bit and by far it outshines all others.
    Tech. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    Good folk /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    This site has been around for a bit and still has not become the eletist crap on those who don't know any better site /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    New guys come in and ask questions that to some of us we have seen thousands of times, still folk here take the time to welcome them, and try to answer their questions without trying to make them feel stupid. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    For that reason I will always support this site.
    People have different veiws and a few asshats are about and not everyone gets along but all in all this site is a huge success and is an excellant example of what the wheelin folks are all about.
    My puter took on a nasty virus and is totaly screwed, and one of the only sites I can access from home is CK5.
    Maybe I am biased because of that.
    /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

17. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Thats why I love ck5, everyone is friendly here, and willing to help newbies /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not everyone is friendly! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I don't like you and I also don't like newbies without a clue as to what they are doing...

Just Kidding! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif I just felt evil for a minute, but it's outta' my system now/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I think everyone here is great and very helpful, even to the newbie asking the same question for the million'th time. This forum is habit-forming.... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif hhmmmmm, let me call my lawyer...

18. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

I didn't read all the posts in the thread real close but i just opened a Pirate4x4.com email account and used that to registar on the site /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Its hard getting good info, its interesting to see the items/products over there, and I like looking through the for sale wanted and free sections, other than that i avoid the other areas of the forums.

I guess I do the same here. I check the PM's, then for sale, wanted, garage, lounge and the midwest then I'm out (hahaha that alone usually takes an hour or more /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif)

19. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

You forgot to mention posting pics while here /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Thanks for the info on the pirate email to reg with, I tried with my yahoo, it didn't work, I didn't know what was going on so I emailed them but never got a response, so I said screw it...

20. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

Welcome to my world. I've had an issue with POoR's attitude since 1998. I used to have a tech file (damper dimensions) posted over there, but got so much shinola from them on other stuff I had it pulled.
    btw I feel the same way about ORC, the guy who owns that site is not right up top. I stay the heck away from him and his cronies.

Another bbs with a similar 'feel' to it as cK5 has is race-dezert.com Unfort it is currently down and has been for two whole days!