Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I Hate Poorly Moderated Forums

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

So I'm surfing through a forum about riding technique. Problem is I can't hardly find any threads relating to technique. The vast majority of topics (oh let's say 99.9%) are all technical, product advise or just general asshattery.

2. Cricket

Cricket 3/4 ton status

Start up a thread in here.

I know we have a few competition riders on the board, it'd be a nice change of pace.

3. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

It's all Bull**** I tell ya..

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

just go to a track.see what they are doing or ride yourself.did anyone say do a search!!:haha: :haha: what kind of riding do you want to do?

5. boggerless

ask 79k20350.he has sponsors now.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I have a desert bike, what do you think, Evel Knievel pirouettes through space????????????????????:D

Yup, the closest track that has any instruction is over 2 hours away, but then again it's not like I'm studying rocket science. Just wanting to read up on stuff is all I'm really wanting to do, but to wade through 3 pages to pick out a grand total of maybe 3 threads that have any relevancy to the forum topic is irritating. It's kind of like eating esophagus burning Mexican food and being constipated for three days afterwards....................:wink1:

7. UseYourBlinker

Helmet Cam!! Helmet Cam!!

8. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

no no not again:haha: :haha:

9. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

I was actually going to do it today, but I couldn't find any foam to put over the mic to block out the wind noise.

10. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You aint gonna get to be any better Cyber Motoing. Just go out there and do it. Just remember the throttle is your Friend. There aint no speed limits and no laws except the law of gravity. Sometimes law school can be a little painful.

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

There's only so much I can do right now.:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

12. boggerless

:haha: Evel Knievel is cool. there is no place closer to ride?practice makes perfect.:D and you could do pirouettes with your bike. hell Evel did it with a Harley.:bow: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

All I have right now is dirt roads and the backyard, 1/10th mile superdrome flat track until I get a DD for transport:D

14. UseYourBlinker

Awesome.. great minds think alike.. :haha:

15. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

We caught this dude practicing tricks in the parking lot at a Giants game... pretty sic :cool:

parking lot entertainment.jpg

16. boggerless

i would not recomend it, but i have seen bikes carried by their front tire.i used to carry my three wheeler on the roof of my car.:eek1: whatever it took to ride.i was 19 then though.:haha: :haha: 1/10th mile superdome??LMAO:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

17. boggerless

DAMN!i used to be good at riding wheelies. now i wonder how the crankshaft is getting lubed?:haha: :haha: i need to get another bike.:rolleyes:

18. K5er4Life

K5er4Life 1/2 ton status

Ok some quick basics, when turning keep hips foreward, think nuts on gas tank. Keep elbows up! Look ahead of you, not where your front tire is at. For the most part your head and chest will be over the front number plate. What I tell many people is to think about turning the bike underneath you, when the bike leans over your body will be realitively straight up and down. Its almost like putting your butt crack on the corner of the seat. This is extremely effective in rutted corners where your front tire can track the rut. On flat corners the technique is slightly different but you still want to keep elbows up, look ahead and keep your nuts near the tank. Throttle control is essential for both maximum traction and control. Too much and you slide out, too little and the bike wont stay upright. Dont be afraid of the gas, the more you give the more the bike naturally wants to stay upright. Remember if in trouble twist it out. :wink1: Front brake use mostly for stopping power and rear brake for bike control. These are just some basics there are many more, Ill post as I think of them. If you interested look up Gary Semics, he has dvds that have very good instructional information about riding. He always says, know the technique, execute it correctly, and practice through repitition. The last thing is to just get out there and do it. Lots of seat time, thats the only thing that will help you. Happy moto and be safe.